Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Done Your Taxes Yet?  (Read 1913 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Done Your Taxes Yet?
« on: April 19, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »

New medium of exchange

I have finally figured out a fair way to pay my taxes every year.

Dear Revenue Canada or whatever your current name may be:

Enclosed and/or attached, you will find my 2007 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from the Toronto Globe and Mail; dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Canadian Department of National Defense is paying $171.50 per hammer and Fisheries and Oceans Canada has paid $600.00 per toilet seat for it's icebreakers.

As payment, I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Canadian Tire, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the 'Help Stephan Dion Election Fund,' as noted on my return.

You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5' Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from The Globe and Mail detailing how the Department of Public Works pays $22.00 each for 1.5' Phillips Head Screws).  One Philips screw is enclosed for your convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

God Bless Canada !

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: Done Your Taxes Yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »

Lol I wish

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

You're out of control with your newly acquired copy and paste skill. :o

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 06:30:56 PM »

You're out of control with your newly acquired copy and paste skill. :o
Thats why I told you not to show me all these new computer skills. :-\ Good thing I donot know how to post pictures. ;D ;D

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:31:43 AM »

Lol. That would be one neat way to pay taxes. It would save the government and us a lot of money.

On a more serious note. I often wondered why it is that when ever the government purchased something or does something it has to be so hideously expensive. Not so long ago the town built a public john in a park – one of those portable plastic things – to the staggering cost of $ 150’000. When I looked the brand name up I found out that these contraptions can be had for a little over $3’000.

I have often said that we need a law that would make political parties, individual politicians and town councilors fully accountable and personally liable for every tax dollar they spend.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/