Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone fished off of Westham Island?  (Read 3900 times)

Joe the Soccer Coach

Has anyone fished off of Westham Island?
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Since everyone has been so helpful in the past, I hope you guys (and gals) can help satisfy my curiousity.

I found a map of Westham Island:

a) is there anywhere on Westham Island that one can fish from shore, like at the ends of Savage and Kirkland Roads on the Sea Reach (Fraser River)?

b) Has anyone tried fishing from Tim Road on Canoe Pass or even on the Delta area near Brunswick Point or at Wellington Point Park?

c) And, most importantly, has anyone had any luck at any of these areas?

Thanks again everyone!

Joe

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Has anyone fished off of Westham Island?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:02:20 AM »

I am trying to establish if any relitives married first nations so I can gill net the area. I'd advise the same for yourself. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 10:00:51 AM »

Biked around the Island and had a look-most of the banks are pretty steep/undercut- but I haven't been everywhere.

Mainland side that little dock in the park next to the boat launch might be OK throwing spinners for Cutts that's where I'd start.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »

If you don't mind a bunch of sealions beside you :) those things will strip the fish off your line the second you get one on and they are not small either. They like to sit on that small dock so the only fishing that I would recommend is coarse because there are quite afew pike minnow. The closest spot that has ok salmon fishing would be dea's island park but I've only fished there for pinks. I live in Delta area so I know these things ;)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'