Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carpool to Squamish?  (Read 2884 times)

mko72

Carpool to Squamish?
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »

Just testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in ride sharing from Vancouver to Squamish to fish for bull trout this winter.

rockonfishing

Re: Carpool to Squamish?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »

have heard good things about bulls in squamish, my son caught one about 15 lbs last year,
where do you live, Im in cloverdale, my days off are thursday friday,
thanks
Ron

JBB

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »

I live in South Surrey and I love to go to the Squamish, especially in the pink season. I just wish there was an alternate route. The Sea to Sky is spectacular but the West Van/North  Van/ Burnaby portion on the trip home tends to ruin my day. What time of the day do you travel ? I usually opt for the early rise, early home trip but I would be interested in other people's thoughts.
Man does not cease to play because he grows old ; he grows old because he ceases to play

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »

Make sure you have a 4x4 and so decent clearance if you want to go up at the moment, oh yeah and some shovels..  Still quite a bit of snow up there.

ribolovac02

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 06:33:47 PM »

I live in South Surrey and I love to go to the Squamish, especially in the pink season. I just wish there was an alternate route. The Sea to Sky is spectacular but the West Van/North  Van/ Burnaby portion on the trip home tends to ruin my day. What time of the day do you travel ? I usually opt for the early rise, early home trip but I would be interested in other people's thoughts.

Just go fishing , and enjoy it, traffic is part of life if you choose to live here....

mko72

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »

I usually go late morning and fish to or past sunset. I live in North Van near 2nd Narrows.

I've got 4 wheel drive and shovels.  Skiing is taking precedent right now but I'd go out to target bull trout if there was die hard buddy to go with.

GordJ

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »

Just go fishing , and enjoy it, traffic is part of life if you choose to live here....
Best post this year.

ribolovac02

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 07:52:33 PM »