Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder/Fraser July 7, 2005  (Read 1532 times)

calfisher

Vedder/Fraser July 7, 2005
« on: July 07, 2005, 02:18:41 PM »

Well, even after looking at the hydrographs of the Vedder I decide to go up and have fishing/scouting trip.  Arrived and the river was high but dropping.  Fished a couple of my highwater favorite spots but no luck.

Decided to go up to the Hatchery and there are now 9 springs, 2 more joined the others there on Tuesday.  The hatchery staff I spoke to was surprised there weren't more there by now.

Drove to the Fraser at Ils22 and Peg Leg to find the river chocolate and high.  Lots of debris.

Gas at 77.4 after the -3.5 was a treat and couldn't have asked for a better day.

oddjob

• woof woof
Re: Vedder/Fraser July 7, 2005
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 03:45:07 PM »

will the park ranger let us fish from island 22 ? or is it still closed because of the errosion  ???

calfisher

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »

I stopped to talk to the guard?? at Isl 22 and she wouldn't let me in until I paid $2.00 + .14 tax.  She told me that they had lost campsites 30 - 38 and the bar was gone, since I don't believe in this tax grab I took her word for it.

So, no we can't fish the bar at Isl 22 due to erosion.

Cal

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 05:23:13 PM »

what about the far end past the camp sites , will they let us fish from there ? there was no erossion at that area .