Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC Outdoors Magazine  (Read 6614 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
BC Outdoors Magazine
« on: December 26, 2016, 05:01:56 PM »

;)Good read in this month's BC Outdoors featuring the best urban fishing spots.

Even better that I made it in!  lolol

Totally forgot I submitted a photo a few months ago.  Then all of a sudden I'm flipping through and see my smug mug staring me in the face.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:25:25 PM by Damien »

arimaBOATER

Re: BC Outdoors Magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »

Haven't bought a mag of any kind for years. Other than a 2nd hand used mag with Ali / Joe Fraser on the front page/cover.
But think I will go pickup this edition.
7-11 must have copies for sale.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »

That's awesome - open a magazine and find yourself in it. Nice picture but no flotation device and pajama bottoms. :o

But check out the side article - 10+ pound Rainbows in Mill Lake.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:22:28 PM »

Wake-up, fish.  They are actually shorts, but thanks for taking time to notice my clothing, that's adorable.

Regarding the PFD, are you insinuating me not wearing mine is somehow illegal?  I don't understand.

The 10lb rainbows referenced in Mill Lake are mentioned as being retired brood stock.

But good job trying sh1t on a just for fun thread.  You must be a hit a parties.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:25:03 PM by Damien »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:26:00 PM »

The information on large brood rainbow trout in Mill Lake is outdated. The Fraser Valley rainbow trout brood program is no longer in Abbotsford and has been moved to the island, and FFSBC no longer releases those surplus brood fish into lakes.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 08:14:28 AM »

Wake-up, fish.  They are actually shorts, but thanks for taking time to notice my clothing, that's adorable.

Regarding the PFD, are you insinuating me not wearing mine is somehow illegal?  I don't understand.

The 10lb rainbows referenced in Mill Lake are mentioned as being retired brood stock.

But good job trying sh1t on a just for fun thread.  You must be a hit a parties.

No - the exact opposite. That picture is great - it's really good. Totally cool you made it in a magazine. I'd be framing that page for certain.

Beautiful day, little tin boat on a calm ocean and you pick up a nice Spring right in close to the Mainland - that's awesome. I wish I was there right now. Congratulation - that's a pretty neat keepsake for you and the kids.

ShaunO

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »

I don't know you Damien and have never met Rieber, but even I could tell he was poking you in good fun.  Life's too short to wear such thin skin!

Nice fish though... I might have to pop into the nearby 7-11 and grab a copy.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »

--As with many articles one is often tasked to include some information that the author may not be familiar with.
--I have had a subscription to BC outdoors for as long as I can remember as it morphed over the years from hunting and fishing to fishing with optional hunting to current combo and for those who are BCWF members an additional suppliment.
--I still look forward to seeing it as there is always something that ticks me off or makes me laugh...in every issue.
--Makes a great Christmas/Birthday present as they often offer reduced rate for multiple subscription and over the years I have seem many friends in pictures or familiar lakes. Sort of like a paper forum.

--Many...now well known authors and fishing personalities got their start with articles in the magazine... some still young enough to haunt the current fishing forums.

--NO I don't own shares in the magazine and for sure I don't always agree with the information or articles but I will continue to support this BC Icon...and suggest you do as well.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »

That's awesome - open a magazine and find yourself in it. Nice picture but no flotation device and pajama bottoms. :o

But check out the side article - 10+ pound Rainbows in Mill Lake.
But Rieber, no mention of Northern Pike in Mill Lake :o

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »

Always wear your PFD...

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »

But Rieber, no mention of Northern Pike in Mill Lake :o

Someday someone will write about that Northern Pike.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

I dunno, I thought he was wearing pajamas  too ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:19:57 PM by clarki »

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »

That's a cool pic Damien. That spring gets you going for next summers salmon season. I'll check out the issue when I get a chance.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »

White Rock?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jk47

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »

Nope, more mis-information. There are no fishing opportunities in white rock. Please disregard. Nothing to see here folks!