Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61832 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2021, 11:58:35 AM »

Either Hike and Fish is trolling or he sincerely believes what he wrote. In either case, nothing can be said here that will change that, and there's no sense getting triggered and having a war of words on an anonymous public internet forum.   

Having said that, Hike and Fish, I am curious about your position. I'd be interested to read any source material that you can link me to.,   

the only truly contentious item written was it is a conspiracy.

Please exchange such info by PM if you really want to read it. I'll take a pass if only to avoid my IP being linked to such nonsense.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

dobrolub

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2021, 12:51:34 PM »

the only truly contentious item written was it is a conspiracy.

Please exchange such info by PM if you really want to read it. I'll take a pass if only to avoid my IP being linked to such nonsense.

Right, you don't want your IP linked to nonsense. I hear they have a special database for that! ;D 8) ::)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2021, 12:58:23 PM »

Right, you don't want your IP linked to nonsense. I hear they have a special database for that! ;D 8) ::)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2021, 05:28:27 PM »

Gee sunshine where do you think IPs are stored if not in a database?  You don't think marketers, spammers and scammers  etc can't track what sites you visit via your IP?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2021, 08:57:25 AM »

Edited:
I see someone changed my wording from moron to" intelligent and respected human being look in the mirror".

Rod, how can someone go into another persons post and change the wording on your system?

This forum platform allows mods to set a list of banned words. There's also a fun option to have the system automatically switch banned words for other words of the mods' choosing. I used to mod a gaming forum and I added "Blood_Orange" to the list of banned words and have it automatically replaced with "the Blood_Orange". I also added "the Blood_Orange" as a second string of banned words and set the replacement to "Blood_Orange".

After that, anyone who talked about me had it come up as something like "...was playing a match when the Blood_Orange came in and got three kills in a row." If they noticed the change and tried to talk about the extra "the" in front of my name, the system would remove the extra "the" so they wound up looking a little crazy ::)

All this to say that nobody is actively editing your posts. The system did it automatically because the M-word is on a mod-curated list of banned words for this forum.

4x4

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2021, 09:25:27 AM »

Thx for the explanation but why did the system not take moron out of Hike/Fish post? He originally posted morons if you read his post a few above mine.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »

A local biotech company has a very promising nasal spray of Nitric Oxide for treating and preventing Covid.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/sanotize-nasal-spray-reduces-covid-19-viral-load-uk-clinical-trail/

A self-administered nitric oxide nasal spray (NONS) made by Vancouver-based biotech firm SaNOtize has been found to dramatically reduce Covid-19 viral load in infected patients after completing early-stage clinical trials in Canada and, most recently, the UK.

And... New Zealand & Israel climb aboard:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210322005226/en/Israel-and-New-Zealand-Permit-Sale-of-SaNOtize%E2%80%99s-Breakthrough-Anti-Viral-Nasal-Spray

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2021, 01:29:40 PM »

Thx for the explanation but why did the system not take moron out of Hike/Fish post? He originally posted morons if you read his post a few above mine.

You probably used a different word than "moron" and misremembered.

To test, reply to a post then type a bunch of offensive words. Hit "Preview" and you'll see which words get changed and which don't. Don't hit "Post" though! :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:33:57 PM by Blood_Orange »

4x4

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2021, 01:36:34 PM »

You probably used a different word than "moron" and misremembered.

To test, reply to a post then type a bunch of offensive words. Hit "Preview" and you'll see which words get changed and which don't. Don't hit "Post" though! :P

It doesn't matter to me but thx again for the explanation.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2021, 02:07:20 PM »

Oh that's quite fun thanks  ;D 

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »

If anyone finds the word that gets changed to "intelligent and respected human being" let me know. I couldn't figure it out and it's bugging me ::)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2021, 03:49:52 PM »

Is it obvious to only me, and not you intelligent and respectable people, that Hike and Fish is Rodney’s throw away account and alternate personna. Hence why he can get away with posting “that word” and get away with it? Wake up, sheeple!

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2021, 02:44:26 PM »

COVID-19 vaccine maker Providence says it's leaving Canada after calls for more federal support go unanswered

"I can't tell you how much this pains me. The reality is, I can do more good for the world outside of Canada than I can in."

The move is a setback for the federal government's efforts to nurture a domestic biotechnology industry. The COVID-19 crisis has exposed how being entirely dependent on foreign sources for much-needed products like vaccines makes Canada vulnerable.

Providence, which was developing mRNA cancer vaccines before the COVID-19 crisis hit, came forward with promising data about its novel coronavirus product last March, only weeks after BioNTech and Moderna produced similarly encouraging early results for their mRNA-based vaccines.

Sorenson claimed the company's pre-clinical trial results were "equivalent or better than these big companies that are now saving the world."

Last year, the small Canadian firm — which developed its product with researchers at the Sunnybrook Research Institute in Toronto — asked the federal government for a loan to help launch clinical trials in humans and stand-up a manufacturing site in Canada. Those requests were largely ignored...

"I never asked for a single handout. All I've asked for is a deposit on vaccines or a non-interest loan," Sorenson said.

"People have said to me so many times and I refused to acknowledge it, but the truth is, if Providence was located in Quebec we wouldn't be having this conversation," Sorenson said.

"Canada's broken. The federal government doesn't see past Ontario heading west."

Based on the advice of the vaccine task force, federal officials have made a $173 million commitment to help Quebec City-based Medicago produce its version of a COVID-19 vaccine.

One member of the task force, Gary Kobinger — who helped develop a successful Ebola vaccine with a team in Winnipeg — resigned last fall amid concerns about the task force's transparency and its ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/providence-therapeutics-pulling-out-canada-1.6009068

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »

Denmark ditches J&J COVID-19 shots from vaccination programme

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Denmark on Monday became the first country to exclude Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 shots from its vaccination programme over a potential link to a rare but serious form of blood clot.

The move comes after the Nordic country last month stopped using AstraZeneca's vaccine altogether citing similar concerns.

The country's health authority said in a statement it had found that "the benefits of using the COVID-19 vaccine from Johnson & Johnson do not outweigh the risk of causing the possible adverse effect in those who receive the vaccine".

https://news.yahoo.com/denmark-excludes-j-j-shot-132426266.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23