Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: False casting  (Read 6577 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: False casting
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »

hmm those actually look very interesting.....nice flat bottom (hopefully netted??...might need perforating)  to them and you could easily affix one with clips to whatever you had as a belt......those dirty swedes are onto something! :)

fishseeker

• Old Timer
Re: False casting
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

Just so you know.  I went out to Army & Navy to see what they had for this and there was sometiong similar but it was was not so deep - more like a shallow net that could be rolled up.  It's definitely a good option for wading but I went with the Ikea baskets because they were really cheap and I actually thought it would work a little better when I am on my inflatable, I got a pack of four for 6 bucks or so.   (

I gave it go with the inflatable on Whonnock Lake yesterday and it definitely helps.  By dumping all the line in the basket I did not end up with it all hooked up in the oars and around my ankles so that was great - I still had some problems with the line getting tangled up in the basket sometimes but it is a definite improvement. Thanks for the great ideas.

I will continue to use this basket when I am on the water with the inflatable and I will likely get something similar to what bbronswyk2000 suggested.  The one I saw at Army & Navy was 27 bucks,  not a bad price but I am trying to avoid going nuts on buying stuff until I gain more experience.