Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bike Found Etc. Etc.  (Read 1355 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Bike Found Etc. Etc.
« on: September 21, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »

While making my first trip for coho on the Vedder I found a bike laying on the gravel portion of Hopedale Road.

It was there when I went fishing at first light and on my return it was still there. Did it fall off a fisherman's truck or stolen and then dumped? If yours let me know. Will run an ad as well.

Fished for a hour and lost a jack chinook, Maple Leaf Float went down and I could not believe it was a fish so I got a poor hook set. ??? ::)

Saw lots of pinks spawning in many parts of the river. Apparently a good number of coho in the hatchery now so hopefully it may be a good year ahead. ;D

Changed a few of the CVRCC garbage bags on the Vedder, put up some poster re the CVRCC BC Rivers' Day event and changed the cleanup date on the CVRCC little signs at Giesbrech, Browne etc.

Noticed 3 piles of broken glass at Lickman parking lot so donot leave stuff in your vehicle.

We will be setting up a fishy bait car in conjunction with the RCMP soon so lets hope we get someone so as to curtail this activity that spoils our fishing outings.

I saw lots of gravel being trucked from a gravel pile in Yarrow to feed the construction industry. I am glad none is being taken from the river this year, what a shame as gravel extraction does so much harm to the riparian zone as well as the river proper. Once again it is money over our environment. So many small streams have been ruined by development and people ask why some of our fish stocks are in trouble.

Anyway good to be out on the local flow again and it should not be long until my first coho is landed. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:53:09 PM by chris gadsden »

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Re: Bike Found Etc. Etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »

a fishy bait car... well its about time... it should be interesting..   for this reason i dont fish where i cant see my truck now...
see ya on the river

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Bike Found Etc. Etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »

i was thinking car bomb but that would be a little dangerous for the driver  ;D
Fish killer 101