Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014-2015 NHL Thread  (Read 125677 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: 2014-2015 NHL Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2015, 09:36:06 PM »

Another shutout for Ryan Miller (2 in a row). Moving up the standings.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2015, 10:25:42 PM »

Zero goals scored on the Canucks in 120 minutes of play.
A week ago the Canucks team looked like "all four tires had flats" & now they look like a fine tuned racing car!

Chris is rather quiet lately on his views on the Leafs.
Something tells me he is 100% disgusted on his team. Imploding.
Maybe sign head coaches to monthly contracts.
They then could try 7-8 coaches in a single season.
Sooner or later they should stumble on one.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:33 PM »

Tough to be a Leaf fan. Got shut out by St. Louis tonight. 3rd shutout in last 4 games. Beginning to feel sorry for Chris

arimaBOATER

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2015, 10:48:20 PM »

Tough to be a Leaf fan. Got shut out by St. Louis tonight. 3rd shutout in last 4 games. Beginning to feel sorry for Chris

That's for sure! 2x
Mind you we Canuck fans have zero Cups unless we go back far in history.
Team called the Millionaires or something. Vancouver team got the Cup.
But Chris just be happy as you must remember those 4 Stanley Cups in the 1960s.
3 in a row to boot.
Think they also won it in 1967 with a team where there were 40 year olds plus plenty of over 35 yr olds. George Armstrong the Chief. Keon, Bower on & on..
Some great great TO teams.
The coach for TO was fired after leading them to 4 Cups. Punch Imlach or however one spells his name.
He always wore a nice hat. He cracked the whip.
So Chris in this dry spell for the Maple Leafs you can reflect back on the glory days.
History can never take those Cups away. 4 in 6-7 years is a feat even though there were less teams in the league. They had to get past the Canadians Detroit on & on.
If Vancouver gets to the finals & wins it ( or loses ) something tells me some of the population will go "nuts" again & lots of damage will be done.
But true fans will finally have pictures of the Canucks holding the Cup high above their heads.
Long time coming if it ever happens.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »

The Leafs play Carolina tomorrow at home. I predict a Leaf win (after all you can't lose them all) and Chris coming out of hiding and saying his system is working and that they will be on a roll. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2015, 05:49:19 PM »

The Leafs play Carolina tomorrow at home. I predict a Leaf win (after all you can't lose them all) and Chris coming out of hiding and saying his system is working and that they will be on a roll. ;D

Boy, am I wrong. Carolina leading the Uncoachables 3-0 in the 2nd period.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »

Boy, am I wrong. Carolina leading the Uncoachables 3-0 in the 2nd period.
Have not played Sports Action for many years but the odds must play  big $$$$ if people gamble & pick a TO win.
Put $20 down & get 2 correct game results & maybe win $80 to $100 buckaroos or more.
Maybe the fans in the TO ice arena will cheer if the Leafs lose, because in Ontario they bet big $ against their own team.
We lost again but we filled our pockets with winnings.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »

Leaf fans everywhere are rejoicing that they scored a goal tonight. Too bad they allowed 4.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2015, 09:13:05 PM »

Leaf fans everywhere are rejoicing that they scored a goal tonight. Too bad they allowed 4.

& our Canucks bumped off Luongo & Panthers in their building. Final 2-1 for another W.
Revenge as recently they beat us in Vancouver.

Other NHL teams know the Leafs are having trouble so they really go into games confidant that they are a better team thus play better & give the downer team another loss.
Have to say that Ryan Miller has played a lot better than I thought he would.
With the Blues in the play offs last yr. he looked very average.

Vancouver seems to be a good fit. Go Canucks Go.
Something tells me that Willie D. Is an easy going guy but if the team has a bad spell he knows how to get the players attention & light a fire under their butt.
When teams are winning life seems easy for the organization but too many losses & the white collar guys, coaches & player ,not to mention the local media, life gets very hard.
Icy stares, testy,swear words,blank stares ....think teams win just so to keep the monkey off their backs.
Oh you ask what I'd do to get the Leafs winning again.
Ok.
Each player eats a super giant bowl of whole wheat spaghetti.
Tomato sauce & extra lean ground steamed meat balls.
Meal 2.5 hours before the game. Green salid  olive oil & vinager also part of the meal.
2 slices toasted whole wheat bread.
15 minutes before game time 3 strong cups of coffee / skim milk ( each player )
As they go out onto the ice, have the owner or President  / GM /all coaches standing there cheering the players on with the words "we will be watching yous & we expect some good results or else.....
Crack the whip.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »

A-BOATER for coach.  :D Unfortunately it takes much more than a change of diet to change the fortunes of the Uncoachables. Time to blow up that team and start afresh.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2015, 07:18:52 PM »

Been busy fishing and a few conference calls but watch for the new system and a win tomorrow, on the move, up in the standings tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »

Good to see you back Chris. I was worried about you. :) Seems like your boys have been out fishing too.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »

Good to see you back Chris. I was worried about you. :) Seems like your boys have been out fishing too.

2x !

( as for the Canuckaroos tonight BOO ! They looked brain dead. They had so many man advantages & they lose 4-1. Their power play was 99% passing the puck to each other & not taking hardy a shot  >:(  when a team has a long 2 man advantage take shots & go for rebounds & keep directing shot after shot. Enough to drive a fan "nuts )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »

2x !

( as for the Canuckaroos tonight BOO ! They looked brain dead. They had so many man advantages & they lose 4-1. Their power play was 99% passing the puck to each other & not taking hardy a shot  >:(  when a team has a long 2 man advantage take shots & go for rebounds & keep directing shot after shot. Enough to drive a fan "nuts )

But we're still ahead of the Uncoachables. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »

Been busy fishing and a few conference calls but watch for the new system and a win tomorrow, on the move, up in the standings tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

Your new system totally sucks as the Composts lost again. On the bright side they did score 3 goals. As Ron Ellis said in the commercial "If you're a leaf fan, you know tough" :)