Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambleside, July 29 2016  (Read 2981 times)

TimL

Ambleside, July 29 2016
« on: July 29, 2016, 03:29:28 PM »

Met up with a FWR buddy early this morning to try again for coho. It was quite busy for a weekday especially given that the long weekend's almost here. We worked pretty hard this time, fishing from 5-12 noon from low to incoming tide, but alas with nothing to show (lost quite a bit of tackle as well :'() . There were definitely more fish than 2 weeks ago. Saw 5 hooked including 1 lost and 2 keepers (the rest wild), a couple were of decent size (6-8 lbs). The numbers aren't there yet but they should be stacking up if the dry weather continues.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:38:21 PM by TimL »

JiG_Head

Re: Ambleside, July 29 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »

when you say ambleside. youre talking about the mouth of the cap? or have u tried the shorelines up along marine drive.
the shyt talker.

TimL

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »

We were working the mouth of cap to the first breakwater west of the mouth.
Any potential (legal) spots past that? I'm aware that there are quite a number of no-fishing zones along the west Vancouver shoreline. No worries if you're uncomfortable in sharing the information over the forums.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 11:03:15 PM »

I used to fish off the West Vancouver shoreline a long time ago. At that time the continuous seawalk along the shore either wasn't there or not that long. There seems to be a lot more leisure walkers and joggers  nowadays on the seawalk which is right by the ocean. So I am not surprise that they have put restriction on fishing at some areas to avoid having someone hooked by a back cast. LOL.