Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Secret to Fishing The Squamish River-Read It Here!!11!!  (Read 18752 times)

mattyo

Re: Secret to Fishing The Squamish River-Read It Here!!11!!
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »

I always wear safty cap althogh no stones falling from the sky for ten years.  If you do not like gun them try spray.

huh?

I'm with dereke, what does that mean??
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:33:03 PM by mattyo »

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »

Bear Safety

(from govmt site)
Bears may be encountered throughout the parks during the summer months. Although most bears are simply  travelling through and make every effort to avoid humans, a bag of garbage or some unattended food on a picnic table may be irresistible to their keen sense of smell. Bears that scavenge food begin to associate food with humans, and become "food-conditioned." Food-conditioned bears lose their natural fear of humans and become a threat to park visitors as they roam through the park in search of an easy meal. Bears are not tame, gentle or cuddly; they are unpredictable and potentially dangerous.

There is little or no chance of correcting a food-conditioned bear and Park Rangers are forced to destroy them when they become aggressive towards humans. Don't be a contributor to food- conditioning and remember...

And leave your girlfriends at home too... because they attract bears too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFO7Wo7ZCE  ;D

Seriously though, I've fished the Squamish in late fall, winter, spring since I was 16 and old enough to drive.  Back then, only a couple of my friends fished, and so most of the time I fished alone.  Most of those days, I either walked in or walked out alone in the dark.  I don't even remember last seeing a bear.  Seen some of tracks, but Squamish bears don't want anything to do with you.  You're way more likely to have a problem with a North Vancouver, Squamish or Whistler bear IMO.

Black bear tracks in November 08 by Ashlu

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:57:18 PM by Matt »

fish007

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »

Sometimes the small ones can attack you too(although this is rare case). What I try to say is safety first always and always...........

Coyotes attack woman in N.S.
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 | 11:10 PM AT Comments143Recommend127CBC News
A 19-year-old woman was taken to hospital in critical condition after she was attacked by two coyotes Tuesday afternoon in Cape Breton Highlands National Park in northern Nova Scotia.

Provincial RCMP spokeswoman Sgt. Brigdit Leger described the victim's injuries as "very, very serious."

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 08:17:34 PM »

Sometimes the small ones can attack you too(although this is rare case). What I try to say is safety first always and always...........

Last Updated: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 | 11:10 PM AT Comments143Recommend127CBC News
A 19-year-old woman was taken to hospital in critical condition after she was attacked by two coyotes Tuesday afternoon in Cape Breton Highlands National Park in northern Nova Scotia.

Provincial RCMP spokeswoman Sgt. Brigdit Leger described the victim's injuries as "very, very serious."

fish007 with how scared it appears you are of the animals with all your apparent factual information I am surprised you leave the house. Yes things happen and we all know the risks but the risk in my opinion is worth it to get to go fish this beautiful area. Just leave the guns at home, bring a friend if you are that worried and enjoy what the Squamish has to offer, or don't actually and leave the banks all to me and the bears, wolves, cougars, coyotes, eagles, elk, deer, and fish. Sure they may attack one day but I think all of our sentiments are the same that it can happen anywhere so if you are uncomfortable don't go.

cheers
always a student

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »

Did you just watch the Grizzly Man or something?

fish007

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »

The reason why I am so aware of safety is because I have ever been to the hell  at one time......

fish007

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »

I am wishing you guys all doing good. Just searched another old news. A old guy drowned at Cable pool months ago while fishing.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »

???