Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using wool as bait  (Read 4359 times)

ja

Using wool as bait
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »

Well, newbie question here.  Most of my fishing has been for trout in the interior lakes.  But I'd like to try to fish for  the fall salmon run.  Can anyone describe or point me to a link on how to tie wool to the hook?  I've never done or seen it before.  I've seen Rodney's article on float fishing and that's been useful.  But would really like to tie the wool properly to make sure that part of my presentation is good.  Thanks in advance all.  Cheers.

ja

Re: Using wool as bait
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »

Bingo...thanks fisherforever, that name "egg loop" brought up lots of good hits on  google, especially this youtube video of someone tying an egg loop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnCqtoku-XE

Thanks for replying!  :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:11:55 PM »

Well, newbie question here.  Most of my fishing has been for trout in the interior lakes.  But I'd like to try to fish for  the fall salmon run.  Can anyone describe or point me to a link on how to tie wool to the hook?  I've never done or seen it before.  I've seen Rodney's article on float fishing and that's been useful.  But would really like to tie the wool properly to make sure that part of my presentation is good.  Thanks in advance all.  Cheers.
The best bet to get a coho to bite is by short floating and using good bait.
I have good bait for tomorrow when I hope to get my first coho of the season. ;D ;D

Stay tuned forThe Journal if I do.

Taboo

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10:26 AM »

The best bet to get a coho to bite is by short floating and using good bait.
I have good bait for tomorrow when I hope to get my first coho of the season. ;D ;D

Stay tuned forThe Journal if I do.

You seem to infer "good bait" as something other than wool.  Care to share??

like_to_fish

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »

how do you tie fesh roe to the hook?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »

Via the egg loop. Check the second post.

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »

Stamp Steelhead love the big chunks of wool.  like 2 buches of orange and 1 of hot pink, it would cover the entire hook.

25+ fish in.  I will never use a gooeybob again.