Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So messed up that even DFO doesn't want it,  (Read 1608 times)

TacoChris

Re: So messed up that even DFO doesn't want it,
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »

Harper does not want the DFO to do this. This fits in with all the cuts to the DFO, Coastgard and government scientists. It is discusting that the NEB has this much authority over the DFO.

The reason is to make it easier for the pipline and Oil form Harper's province Alberta to go through no matter the cost. Enbridge can not be trusted to run a safe pipeline their record proves this. They need all the help they can get. While I have some support for industry I find the way this is being done to be untrustworthy. Harper's government continues to gloss over facts with fancy and expensive media campains and then eliminate or gag those that do not agree. I have no faith that this pipe line can be built safely given all the elimination of oversight being done to facilitate its construction.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: So messed up that even DFO doesn't want it,
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »

As of December 16, 2013,  Enbridge no longer has to apply to DFO for permits to alter fish habitat along the Northern Gateway route.

Although I am not fan of this new policy, the author of the article is incorrect in his interpretation of the MOU.  More correctly, it is the NEB that will determine if an authorization or permit will be required.  If so, permits and authorization will need to be obtained from DFO.