Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Site C  (Read 2731 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Site C
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »

Another environmental issue to deal with. ::) In my mind they should do the environmental studies first but of course these days the environment does not seem to count for much.

bluesteele

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »

Another environmental issue to deal with. ::) In my mind they should do the environmental studies first but of course these days the environment does not seem to count for much.

Yes your right Chris another BIG environmental issue to deal with. My stance is IF we truly need more power I would rather see the environmental damage isolated to
one or two areas. I completely believe that the potential cumulative damage from hundreds of ROR's vastly outweighs the damage cause by a single dam such as Site C.
Or even two Site C's.

Just my 2cents.

Bluesteele  :)

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »

^The problem is that Site C is not the full extent of the plans to exploit our rivers it is just part of the masterplan.

quote from article:

Its availability as a firm power source will help facilitate the development of smaller scale, intermittent renewable energy projects, such as wind and run of river hydro.

"The province and BC Hydro are committed to providing lasting economic and social benefits for northern communities, first nations and the province," Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources Minister Blair Lekstrom said in the release.

"Site C will also energize our potential as a clean energy powerhouse, encouraging new investment, industry and jobs."

lapetitebuse

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 05:29:29 PM »

I find outrageous that BC doesn't need more energy, yet more and more energy projects are being allowed.
One of my buddy has been working for a year at Mica dam, north of Revelstoke, to add more turbine to it, and all over the province dams are being built.

The only reason for it is that the government is paving the way for the future. when energy is gonna be more expensive and the demand south of the border is gonna increase.
Once again, the Campbell government proves that selling natural resources goes well beyond preserving their land (sorry it's more theirs than ours!)

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »

I find outrageous that BC doesn't need more energy, yet more and more energy projects are being allowed.

I believe that Slick Gordo's plan is to make BC the "Saudi Arabia" of the future.
I watched part of a documentary on California the other night outlining The Terminator's same kind of plan there.

Once the oil is gone from the world, there will be a switch away from oil to electricity.
Gordo & Arnold are banking on becoming electricity suppliers to the whole of North America.

fishgutz63

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:14 AM »

gordo will be just giving free power to california,i guess that gordo and his bags of clowns have not heard lately that the state of californa is on the brink of going broke huh' kinda makes you say hhhuuummmmmm :( ??? >:(