Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fish Farms  (Read 2530 times)

Bill

Fish Farms
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »

I just got back from purchasing my fishing licences for this year and Randy from Hatch Matcher told me that he and several other gentlemen had a meeting with our local MLA Randy Kamp last week. As expected the meeting was to say the least disappointing,they were told that the Federal and Provincial Government will not be making any changes for this type of harvesting for salmon, and they are going ahead with a three year study to see if there is a need for concern. Mr Kamp also stated that there is a lot of money that both Governments would loose if they shut this down. Also during that conversation with Randy and the others he said that one of the reasons the farms can not move inland is because they would have problems filtering the water? So it is okay to kill our SALMON STOCK but they are concerned about water filtration, and both of our Governments go along with this. Hmmmm now I know Mr Kamp has a billboard in Maple Ridge that states he works for the people of Mission, Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, when I finish with this post I will be writing my local paper about this topic and Mr Kamps attitude towards the loss of our Salmon and the jobs that will be affected by these types of business.

Bill   

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Fish Farms
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »

The money that would be lost is the money that these companies give directly to these political parties not the money that is paid to the government. It should be illegal for a company to donate to a party that is in power as they make huge profits from the decisions the government makes in their favour. Kind of like a bribe is it not. It would also be interesting to see how many executives from these companies used be involved with either the conservative or Liberal party.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:14:02 AM »

For a few thousand donation to the BC Liberals or the Conservatives you get the right endanger our native fish stocks. It's a pretty sick situation we live with. These people have no concern for the future. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »

--maybe you should take your MLA on a fishing trip instead of writing a nasty letter to the paper?
--show him the recreational fishery economic report
--invite him to the next fishing derby or show him work done at a voluntary hatchery or river clean up party.
--show him a picture of the Voters on the Vedder

--No matter how much money is allegedly given to a political party, they still need to translate that into votes to stay in power, we're the ones that vote and have the reel power so lets use it.

--bashing those in power on the head hasn't seemed to work as well for us as the sugar given by the fish farms.

--How about invite to April 17th river clean up and some photo's of MLA giving a helping hand!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:49:20 AM by skaha »

purple monster

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »

Is it OK to take a lawyer fishing on the river ?? because my MP is part of that group, and I am convinced we has no idea of the issue. 
Is there any competition with the bottom feeding wildlife  on the river???  I was thinking of planting a SALMON ARE SACRED ON THE FRONT LAWN OF MY mp OFFICE . IS THAT SAFE???