Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you going to 2011's BC Boat & Sportsmen's Show?

Yes! :D
- 72 (81.8%)
No... :(
- 16 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: March 05, 2011, 02:46:07 PM

Author Topic: 2011's BC Boat & Sportsmen's Show  (Read 13469 times)

brysonk

Re: 2011's BC Boat & Sportsmen's Show
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 07:38:08 AM »

I stopped by after work yesterday and was looking for a wading jacket. Not much to choose from  and nothing left in my size xl-xxl. Wasn't really looking for waders but if you need a common size you might be out of luck by tonight.

kindalonismo

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »

I stopped by after work yesterday and was looking for a wading jacket. Not much to choose from  and nothing left in my size xl-xxl. Wasn't really looking for waders but if you need a common size you might be out of luck by tonight.

Thanks for the info guys! Really appreciate it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:21 AM »

I am leaving for the show in about an hour. Hope to see some of you there

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »

I work around the corner from tradex, so I worked just a half day and headed to the show Friday. I thought it was a pretty good show.

Was nice to see a few familiar faces there. I picked up some scotty anchor locks for my boat for a great price from Stevenson marine, some balanced leaches, pumpkin heads and some minnow patterns from Riverside, and a pretty cool fish till death shirt from Searun.

I checked out a lot of the free seminars. Phil Rowley always has some great stillwater tips to offer. Although I already tie some of my own jigs on bentrod's DIY hook/bead/pin kits, I definitely picked up on a few pointers from his tying demo. I viewed the fly fishing film tour show upstairs which was pretty interesting. Was unreal to see how they would attract billfish with teasers, then quickly pull them out of the way and get their fly in there. The metalheads part really got the blood pumping. Sure got the itch to pull the trigger on a spey setup but I resisted. The revolution is calling lol. Was funny watching Brian Niska show a couple spey basics with only a couple feet wide casting pond.  Also after talking with Thomas and Vic, I really want to do an upper pitt trip this year to fly fish for searun bulls. One of the things I really have yet to do and at the top of my list.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »

Fred's has a deal on flies buy a dozen for $1.99 and get another dozen free. If you are into bass fishing as an alternate they have some great frogs, crayfish, and mouse patterns. With bass flies going for $5 a pop Fred's deal is a steel. They also have a good supply of stone nymphs, stimulators, and irresistibles.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »

So how was the show for everyone?