Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone know of any TRUST WORTHY Transmission Shops?  (Read 13463 times)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
Re: Anyone know of any TRUST WORTHY Transmission Shops?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 07:57:24 PM »

I put a new tranny in my van, its a 2007 silverado sle 4x4 quad cab, with all the bells and whistles.

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 08:21:24 AM »

Try "Quality Transmissions" in New West, I know a couple of people that have gone there with Fords after having other rebuilds fail. So far, I haven't anything bad, but I don't have first-hand experience.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 05:51:01 PM »

So I wound up going to Berts on King George.  Was in there today to have them take a look.  What they told me was the complete opposite to what the other shops had told me. :P  Bert's said that some of the sensors was going wacky and affecting the transfer case, (which is why the 4x4 isn't working right now), which was affecting the shift points of the tranny.  It doesn't look mechanical at all, and I don't at this point need a new Trans.  So I am booked with them for next monday for them to dig in and see where the sensor problem is coming from.
  The thing that chaffs me about all of this is, 2 transmission shops, one of which only took the Explorer for about a 3 min drive (Blackwell industries Ltd), and the other one (Budget Transmission) actually hooked it up and read out a diagnostics said that The tranny was blown and that I needed a new one.  Budget, on 104th ave in Surrey, lied right to my face when they said the no problems read up at all, meanwhile Bert's read up a ton of problems.  The deal with that is, if the computer reads problems, then you more than like have sensor issues which are MUCH CHEAPER to fix.  No Problems read up, more than likely mechanical, as in you need a trans.   ::)
  I am not very impressed with either of the 2 previuosly mentioned shops. ???
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 05:54:13 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 06:20:27 PM »

So I wound up going to Berts on King George.  Was in there today to have them take a look.  What they told me was the complete opposite to what the other shops had told me. :P  Bert's said that some of the sensors was going wacky and affecting the transfer case, (which is why the 4x4 isn't working right now), which was affecting the shift points of the tranny.  It doesn't look mechanical at all, and I don't at this point need a new Trans.  So I am booked with them for next monday for them to dig in and see where the sensor problem is coming from.
  The thing that chaffs me about all of this is, 2 transmission shops, one of which only took the Explorer for about a 3 min drive (Blackwell industries Ltd), and the other one (Budget Transmission) actually hooked it up and read out a diagnostics said that The tranny was blown and that I needed a new one.  Budget, on 104th ave in Surrey, lied right to my face when they said the no problems read up at all, meanwhile Bert's read up a ton of problems.  The deal with that is, if the computer reads problems, then you more than like have sensor issues which are MUCH CHEAPER to fix.  No Problems read up, more than likely mechanical, as in you need a trans.   ::)
  I am not very impressed with either of the 2 previuosly mentioned shops. ???

Hey Dave ,did i tell you,there are a lot of scammer out there,..Did they actually use a scanner to read any fault code out from the transmission ecu.or did they try to erase the memory from it before they condam anything???or did they actually do a transmission pressure test???IF they didnt do any of this things,then you know where to go ;)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »

I hope it works out for you Dave. The one thing about a transmission is they don't really know what the problem is until the dig in. That is what happened to my wifes car. $1200 later. only $200 in parts and $1000 in labour.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »

glad you took my advice

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 08:37:17 PM »

I hope it works out for you Dave. The one thing about a transmission is they don't really know what the problem is until the dig in. That is what happened to my wifes car. $1200 later. only $200 in parts and $1000 in labour.
  Yeah, but on the plus side...  we are looking for the errors first, starting from the transfer case.  SO I will hope for the best.  They think they know where it is, hopefully they are right.

Bryan....  I didn't.  ::) But thanks for the effort.  Our Journeymen at work worked  at the King George Bert's Auto for 7 years and he called them for me and told them a good friend was coming. That along with a couple guys off another forum said Bert's as well. :)

I couldn't get a hold of Benz???  I called them 5 times and not once did anyone answer the phone... :-\
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!