Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Fraser Pink Report...Sunday Sept 9th  (Read 970 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Another Fraser Pink Report...Sunday Sept 9th
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »

Yeah, lots of fish to be had.

We were out a not good tide time (Sunday Morning 9 am to 1pm) and still managed a few in a couple hours.

Problem was, we launched at Brownsville Bar and "scooted" away from the crowd (as fast as we could with an 8hp :( )

Up and down stream from the zoo, I mean bar.  Nothing.

Well to hell with it we thought, as each time we passed the bar people were getting fish, so we pull anchor 75-100 ft offshore out of casting range of the shore fishers.  Immediately in to a couple pinks after getting the retrieve right.

I was using a silvex spinner with pink blade, my partner was using.... are you ready for it.... something completely off the wall, outside of the box, never before seen on the Fraser River, groundbreaking....

Gold hammered croc.

:lol:

Too bad we spent so much time dilly dallying as after just 45 minutes we had to pull anchor and head home after getting on the fish.  No doubt we would have limitted out in a couple hours or less.

Anyone see a 16 ft Mirro Craft with a 40hp Merc (not running) and a Honda Four 8hp with two sunburned guys in it?  That was our gong show in action.

Cheers.