Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it just me......  (Read 9062 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: Is it just me......
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »

Amen to that..

J.G.

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 07:53:29 AM »

I totally agree with JG on this one same thing has happened to me a couple of times
Yes fishing reports are great but don't give away the location too much, make people work to find those super secret spots haha

If you want to keep the spots under wraps, don't talk about them... Word on the phone spreads just as badly, and people like to talk... Soon people see your truck, and it's all over...

Cheers,
Nicole

I love the fact that I'm driving a different truck now....no stickers to label myself.......nobody recognizes it yet..... ;)

I learned a long time ago to only "talk" to a select few, fishermen love to gossip...... ::)......that's why we have fishing forums ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:56:30 AM by J.G. »

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »

I love the fact that I'm driving a different truck now....no stickers to label myself.......nobody recognizes it yet..... ;)

I learned a long time ago to only "talk" to a select few, fishermen love to gossip...... ::)......that's why we have fishing forums ;D

You've got that right, some of them seem like they aspire to be in days of our lives...

heh!
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 10:07:05 AM »

The trouble I see with taking a picture of a fish you caught is that it prevents the fish from getting any larger after that point. ;)

About the original post:  I'd hate to see it get to where we grade fishing reports on the basis of intellectual content or insist that they have at least one epiphany per outing.  On the other hand, a photo of someone's freezer full of salmon steaks isn't all that stimulating either.  I thought Rodney's reports from Denmark are about as good a standard as we are likely to find in that, even though some days there were no fish to photograph, the reader gets a feel for what that day's fishing was like.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

I agree that a good report doesnt necisarily include a reported catch or a picture, there are lots of great info to share like water conditions, crowding problems, conservation concerns like garbage and poaching...I think anyone who currently participates on this board has the ability to make great post for one reason or another.  it just seems like some peolpe are sitting around board out of there minds and they end up using FWR and an (inappropriate)  outlet for their boardom. 

Take a look at ifish.net, its primarily a fishing board for washington and oregon...the average post is very good in terms of providing insight to river conditions, bait/terminal tackle, etc.  I would guess the average user is older than the average one on FWR and there doesnt seem to be the nonsensicle stuff that goes on here yet there is still a great comradery. 

I read it primarily to learn more about different types of tactics (like jig fishing steelhead) but I have been involved with a few great threads on rod building etc.

When the internet can provide soooooooooooooo much garbage, I would hope we wouild all do our part to ensure the dialogue here is meaningful in one way or another! 

J.G.

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »

You've got that right, some of them seem like they aspire to be in days of our lives.

heh!
Nicole

Days of Our Lives.......That would be the perfect heading for a new section ..........