Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: STEELHEAD SOON  (Read 18453 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: STEELHEAD SOON
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »

Oh, and honey if I've left FWR open on the screen and you read this post - NO, I do NOT want one for Christmas!  ;D
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Steelconvert

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »

Just wondering if any/many of you flyfish for Steelhead in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley waters. Are there better local rivers then others for Flyfishing? I got a taste of it in late September when I was on the Thompson River when I was fishing for trout with a #8 Doc Spratley and ended up catching 2 nice Steelhead in one day! I was totally suprised when I hooked the first one - didn't know they went after flies that small.

doja

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 01:16:56 PM »

Just wondering if any/many of you flyfish for Steelhead in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley waters. Are there better local rivers then others for Flyfishing? I got a taste of it in late September when I was on the Thompson River when I was fishing for trout with a #8 Doc Spratley and ended up catching 2 nice Steelhead in one day! I was totally suprised when I hooked the first one - didn't know they went after flies that small.

The Chehalis in the lower end is suppose to be good.

Catch44

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »

Anything happining...i see some coho caught near yarrow?...anyone think the vedder is kinda done until steelhead is full blown?..might head out this weekend..good idea or not?...

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »

It is too early for steelhead but there are always the few early fish caught once in a while. Just don't count on it though. There will be better chance in another month or so and way better in Jan.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »

Anything happining...i see some coho caught near yarrow?...anyone think the vedder is kinda done until steelhead is full blown?..might head out this weekend..good idea or not?...
You might have a shot at some late coho or chum. It's never a bad idea to give it a try. My first steely trip is usually 26th of Dec as it's become a tradition on the ved. The local flow I start first weekend in dec even though you might not see anything for weeks. My favorite time of year is coming. I can feel it but until then I'll have to chase some searun cutt's and bulls :'( ;D ;D anyone feel sorry for me ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Catch44

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »

Well...ive never fished for steelhead before(since being kinda new to the sport)...but from what i hear and read they can be kinda tricky to catch and heard they hit and fight hard?..but iam looking forward to it...cant wait till they are full blown and in the waters.Got some new bare wadders and sage boots so ready to go..

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

we got 2 yesterday, hehehe  ::)
Fish killer 101

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 03:22:50 PM »

young -one....summer -runs dont count. ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 04:07:13 PM »

Who's going to pull the first fish from the Vedder this year? I have a good feeling its gonna be me.  ;D
Why not have a little derby for the first confirmed steelhead from the Vedder caught from a forum member?
Whos in?

Last year I believe a member caught one the first week of december.
Cant wait for the season to start, and the days to grow longer!
The Bigger The Better!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »

who was the lucky forum member, was it you gord? tell us more.
The Bigger The Better!

Catch44

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

Well.....being my first yr fishing for steelhead, im hoping to land one or two.And trying or thinking about getting a new setup...centerpin and rod combo for around 200....but im getting excited for the season of steelhead...finally got some new wadders and boots so i can hike and tred around....

Catch44

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »

used reel and rod that is(from last post)....................and over time on here would be great to fish with ppl here...get educated on steelhead fishing and meet some great ppl