Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can You Fish For Two Different Species At The Same Time (2rods)?  (Read 2824 times)

Archer

Can You Fish For Two Different Species At The Same Time (2rods)?
« on: November 01, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »

Can you work your Sturgeon rig at the same time as working your salmon rod? Lower Fraser, from shore.

I think no, only 2 in a boat, but when Sturgeon is the second species, is it allowed since its always catch & release?

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
Re: Can You Fish For Two Different Species At The Same Time (2rods)?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 09:11:17 AM »

....you said it yourself...no...and the two rods alone in a boat is only on lakes....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

Archer

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:42 AM »

Cool, thx. One at a time it is.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »

If  by Lower Fraser you mean below Mission the 2 rods alone in a boat on a lake doesn't matter as the river below Mission is Tidal water. You need to be more specific as to where.

The Sportfishing Guide for Tidal waters is here: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/docs/SFGtidal-GPSmaree-2013-eng.pdf

I didn't know the answer in that specific situation but in 5 minutes glancing through the Guide I found this on Pg 14:

There is no limit to the number of fishing rods a licensed angler may use in tidal waters, other than the tidal waters of the Fraser River where the limit is one line per angler.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:47:06 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »

Mostly joking but what if you set up right at the tidal/non-tidal boundary? Cast your sturgeon rod into the tidal, plunk your salmon rig into the non-tidal and walk back and forth between the two as necessary?

Archer

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »

Mostly joking but what if you set up right at the tidal/non-tidal boundary? Cast your sturgeon rod into the tidal, plunk your salmon rig into the non-tidal and walk back and forth between the two as necessary?

Way too much work man!!

Archer

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »

If  by Lower Fraser you mean below Mission the 2 rods alone in a boat on a lake doesn't matter as the river below Mission is Tidal water. You need to be more specific as to where.

The Sportfishing Guide for Tidal waters is here: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/docs/SFGtidal-GPSmaree-2013-eng.pdf

I didn't know the answer in that specific situation but in 5 minutes glancing through the Guide I found this on Pg 14:

Thanks!!

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »

Double the fine. ::)