Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead!!!!!  (Read 56725 times)

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Steelhead!!!!!
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2006, 08:19:30 PM »

I wish my girlfriend could understand a lil more the enthusiasm I show towards fishing... she can't understand why I need seven rods and six reels and a thousand dollars worth of gear!!  hahaha  and when I bring home a beautiful hatchery doe... all she can say is... it better not stink like fish in the kitchen when you are done  Angry Shocked Grin Grin Roll Eyes some people will never understand... that is why we have this site.. we are just a bunch of whackos that all understand eachother hahahaha  Grin

I go fishing 3 times a week,i go whenever i want and i come home with whatever i want. she's your girlfriend now and this is what you have to deal with, imagine what she will be like when she's your WIFE.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  :o :o My wife never askes when I go fishing and never complains when I bring home a big one.  You need a woman who lets you do your thing and supports you as well.    What happens when your girlfriend goes shopping with clothes that adds up throughout the year???  Do you complain as to how much money she spends???  If she can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D   This is just my own thought,my wife told me to type it ;) ;) ;) ;).So dont worry be happy,go fishing....TTTTTight line :D :D :D :D :D :D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »

Thats the beauty of her BIG T ...  she may not understand it but she would never stop me from doing it.. she knows it is my thing and thats all that matters.. I think I'll keep her  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2006, 09:26:42 PM »

OK this topic was started almost a year ago to the day.  It holds a ton of great info and some of us thought it would be good for the newer members to talk a look at it!!  It may be a bit long, ;D but well worth at least a skim!!  If anyone has something new to add to it, feel free!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #213 on: November 03, 2006, 09:36:01 PM »

Is this your attempt to pad that reply total or what. I think that bs wants to hold the record for the most replies to one topic  ;D ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #214 on: November 03, 2006, 09:57:05 PM »

Hes doing a pretty good job at getting there, maybe we should keep this thread from ever making #1   ;D woops ill have to delete this post.
The Bigger The Better!

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2006, 10:19:05 PM »

Missed the fun last year with this thread.  Here is my take of steelheading:

Steelheading is the ultimate sport fishing, the hunt, the walking, stalking, reading water, the constant need for analysis and adjustment to river condition, the rain, cold, snow, wind, the solitude, the toughness, the diehard steelheader's blood of persistence & patience, the endless casts, the anticipation & the magic moment of the disappearing float, the hookset, wham!  :D The strong runs & acrobatic jumps of the silver bullet, the hard battle won or lost (doesn't matter), and the consumate feeling that you had been graced by one of the great sport fish of the world - that is the kind of experience that drives a hard-nosed steelheader to brave the elements in the depth of winter while most mortals are contented to keep warm indoor.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:20:44 PM by Steelhawk »

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10:03 AM »

hopefully there big steel!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:19:19 AM by jetboatjim »

Hook Set

« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2006, 11:47:11 AM »

This will be the first year steelheading for this kid, and man am I looking forward to to it. I'm counting down the days till I can go for the first time rather than counting the days till Christmas. :D Looking forward to it and if anyone wants to give me a little advice or a good spot I won't complain ;)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »

Thats the beauty of her BIG T ...  she may not understand it but she would never stop me from doing it.. she knows it is my thing and thats all that matters.. I think I'll keep her  ;D

Their all like that...then the ring comes...and well, misery loves company ;D

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »

One thing about steelheading is the changing of the river every year due to heavy rain like now. New pools, runs & new hot spots are to be found each year. As bad as the flooding going on there now, one silver lining is the chance to discover new spots to make steelheading interesting every year.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2006, 09:31:33 PM »

Very good point liketofish.  I was just getting used to my runs from last year, not there is a 99% chance they will be gone.  Time to find new ones, and I am kinda getting excited to see what the river will hold for us when she drops back into shape.  But, I shouldn't have a problem with finding time to explore as it looks like I may have a couple weeks in Mid December to hunt out some new and truly "Secret Runs"!! ;) ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »

now with the river like this (flooding) every body should be out there scouting new runs as soon as it gets to a fishable level!
Fish killer 101

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

Very good point liketofish.  I was just getting used to my runs from last year, not there is a 99% chance they will be gone.  Time to find new ones, and I am kinda getting excited to see what the river will hold for us when she drops back into shape.  But, I shouldn't have a problem with finding time to explore as it looks like I may have a couple weeks in Mid December to hunt out some new and truly "Secret Runs"!! 

You keep a secret about a good run BS. That will last all but one week, if that ::)  ;D ;D . Now that definatly sounds like BS  ;D ;D ;D ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #223 on: November 07, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

You keep a secret about a good run BS. That will last all but one week, if that ::)  ;D ;D . Now that definatly sounds like BS  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, I now know someone that won't be getting any inside info from me!! ::) ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2006, 11:02:47 PM »

About the changing river, I don't know what happen below the Crossing Bridge, but the section above is changed totally. The flow towards Cutlus Lake outflow is now totally dry. The river found its way back to the Teski Rock (approx). Also, the main flow in Wades Field (approx) is now also dry. The little side channel at the road side is now the main flow. All the trees at Eagle run are also gone, the river flattens that area. I am not sure if the old Ranger Pool is still there. These are only areas one can see from the road. There are going to be changes all over. Boy, when the river is back to shape, there are going to be soooo many new hot spots to discover... exciting to even think about it.  :)