Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The HST vote - making a decision  (Read 124527 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: The HST vote - making a decision
« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2011, 06:29:39 AM »

The film industry whiners- they make BILLIONS , but always wanting more. Here's some of the gravy they get already, but it's like the spoiled child at the checkout.....

http://www.bcfilm.bc.ca/downloadables/PSTC_onesheet_Mar2010.pdf
http://

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2011, 07:43:35 AM »

The film industry whiners- they make BILLIONS

Yes they do - but the BILLIONS is the gross total of all tickets sold BEFORE any expenditures are taken into account.

Have you looked into how much is actually is actually spent here in BC by the foreign film industry (which make the bulk of the BILLIONS) as compared to the local companies?

http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/about_us/industry_profile/production_stats.php

I for one would rather have my taxes partially re-imburse a foreign company (for the accredited qualified BC labour expenditure) for providing employment to the BC locals as opposed to having no jobs at all because there are other Provinces/States offering something similar to the same film industry.

Plus - the film industry also spends a lot of monies on other things other than labour - set creation, transportation, food....
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:38 AM »

Yes they do - but the BILLIONS is the gross total of all tickets sold BEFORE any expenditures are taken into account.

Have you looked into how much is actually is actually spent here in BC by the foreign film industry (which make the bulk of the BILLIONS) as compared to the local companies?

http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/about_us/industry_profile/production_stats.php

I for one would rather have my taxes partially re-imburse a foreign company (for the accredited qualified BC labour expenditure) for providing employment to the BC locals as opposed to having no jobs at all because there are other Provinces/States offering something similar to the same film industry.

Plus - the film industry also spends a lot of monies on other things other than labour - set creation, transportation, food....

Now there you go logically explaining the reason to someone who just wants to throw out emotional rants on a subject he doesn't understand....  I appreciate your efforts, unfortunately he will just respond by ranting about your right wing leanings...  ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

StillAqua

« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »

I would have thought that defending taxpayers subsidizing jobs would be left-leaning, not right-leaning.  ???

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »

I would have thought that defending taxpayers subsidizing jobs would be left-leaning, not right-leaning.  ???

Creating jobs just makes corporations rich according to the left-leaning. As a result the left-leaning would rather just give handouts than having people actually work for an income...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:29:43 AM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

DavidD

« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »

Now there you go logically explaining the reason to someone who just wants to throw out emotional rants on a subject he doesn't understand....  I appreciate your efforts, unfortunately he will just respond by ranting about your right wing leanings... 

You're right... Reading (or listening) to Bill's verbal diarrhea is bad enough!  6 weeks to roll back  ::)  He's really out of touch with reality.  Oh - that explains the name:'Fantasy Gardens"

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
- John A.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2011, 03:25:47 PM »

You're right... Reading (or listening) to Bill's verbal diarrhea is bad enough!  6 weeks to roll back  ::)  He's really out of touch with reality.  Oh - that explains the name:'Fantasy Gardens"
Can you please explain to us why they say it will take 18 months to get rid of the HST and bring in the PST and GST?

Thanks in advance for the response and explaination.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »

Going to take so long to roll back to the old system so they can squeze every last cent out of us. Whacko Gordo take your H.S.T and shove it up where the sun dont shine!The people have spoken! I wont have to pay tax on my kids school supplies when the old system is restored. How slimey was that slapping H.S.T on kids school supplies.Pcs of Sh@$t you Liberals.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »

Creating jobs just makes corporations rich according to the left-leaning. As a result the left-leaning would rather just give handouts than having people actually work for an income...

Any time ya wanna learn about hard work little buddy, and I mean ANY TIME AT ALL come on out and spend a day with me. Unless you're afraid of getting sweat stains on your silk boxers and wrinkling the Brooks Brothers...... I'll even pay you ( the same miserable $8 an hour ya claim is fair!) ::) ;D :o

But why is government lolly only to some AF? Hardly seems fair that some get the teat and some get to pay for the teat.And don't even try to feed me the bullsh*t about the film industry not being able to make money. That just doesn't fly.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:58:45 PM by Novabonker »

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »

Any time ya wanna learn about hard work little buddy, and I mean ANY TIME AT ALL come on out and spend a day with me. Unless you're afraid of getting sweat stains on your silk boxers and wrinkling the Brooks Brothers...... I'll even pay you ( the same miserable $8 an hour ya claim is fair!) ::) ;D :o

But why is government lolly only to some AF? Hardly seems fair that some get the teat and some get to pay for the teat.

Hard work can be done in the physical medium just as readily as the intellectual medium.  Neither is more noble or more taxing than the other.

And do you honestly believe that a government has ever, will ever, could ever be "fair"?  If so, where did you snag the happy pills.  Government is an imperfect system.
- John A.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #416 on: September 01, 2011, 05:35:16 AM »

Government was just forced, albeit with a lot of whining, kicking and screaming, to be fair Jawknee.
My point was that left leaning folk go out and work hard as well.His Royal Highness AF considers anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of the Fraser Institute unworthy of sharing his air.

ALTHOUGH

I doubt highly that "Financial advising" would be the cause of 3 knee surgeries like I got from flooring installation.

DavidD

« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2011, 07:26:48 AM »

Can you please explain to us why they say it will take 18 months to get rid of the HST and bring in the PST and GST?

That I cannot - possibly the same rectal pluck wild eyed guess as '6 weeks'   ::)

All businesses that use computers/cash registers to generate bills/receipts must be reprogrammed to accomodate the old PST/GST settings.  This is not as simple as flicking a switch to turn on a light bulb (albeit - there are a few that I can think of who may have such difficulties).  In most cases, the SMALL business owner will require a techie to come visit and reprogram their equipment (on the business owners dime).  I highly doubt that there are as many such qualified techies to perform this feat in 6 weeks.

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »

Government was just forced, albeit with a lot of whining, kicking and screaming, to be fair Jawknee.
My point was that left leaning folk go out and work hard as well.His Royal Highness AF considers anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of the Fraser Institute unworthy of sharing his air.

ALTHOUGH

I doubt highly that "Financial advising" would be the cause of 3 knee surgeries like I got from flooring installation.

Wow, I must admit - dedicating all that brain power to what can only be described as a juvenile, flat out pathetic attempt at parodying my name is flattering!  Congrats!  You've officially been inducted into the Poor Execution Hall of Fame!

3 knee surgeries?  No, probably not.  But if you had actually read what I had written and not responded with a slapdash attempt at debate, you would have understood that, perhaps, AF put in his hardwork in a mental medium, rather than a physical one.  Having played both AAA hockey and am now a gigging musician, I understand this.

BUT

I am through with attempting debate with you, NB.  You have resorted to schoolyard insults, and as a result you have completely eradicated any hope for intelligent discussion.  Good day.
- John A.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »

See the problems happening in the USA...politians & Pres. bring out all these new rules & idea...& before anything happens ..they change things & bring our an all new system as a temp. solution...
Now we get this GST/PST then out of the blue come HST (basically MORE TAX GRAB from us THE PEOPLE)
Liberals claimed it just is not so....now that the people have spoken they now say our tax grab will be LESS....in other words they admitted now that HST cost us tax payers MORE $$$ out of our wallets.

Good for  BILL V Z...for spearing this fight ..guess Robin Hoods still exists.

Mind ya these so called experts in gov ONLY complicate things BIG TIME... math is simple ...if they taxed the people 10% of yearly earnings NO MATTER WHAT YOUR INCOME.. 5% to the Prov. 5% to the Feds...then have normal taxes...gas booze cigs sales etc...guess what ??????? This nation will be in very good shape !!!
People would be left with 90% of their PAY CHECK which means they will go out & spend on theiir desires hobbies pleasures...yes sports fishing items...boats & outboards...new computers...cell phones...gardening...eat out...theatre...ON & ON...buy homes....etc....buy veicles...when people spend it only creates JOB JOBS & JOBS....then gov collects more INCOME TAX...SALES TAX etc...