Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The HST vote - making a decision  (Read 124517 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: The HST vote - making a decision
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »

Well the one good thing at least we will get another Liberal majority out of it, cause if Dix and the dippers get in look out,  you guys will be screamin for the HST back..... ;D ;D ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

Burbot

« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »

Yup 3 billion in tax revenue gone, hmmmmmmm.

OH? I thought this tax was to be revenue neutral?   Prices also did not go down, many went up since they were only one tax items.  Plus where are all these new jobs?

But the people have spoken and unlike Harper this vote was a majority of people to get rid of it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:18:24 PM by Burbot »

Burbot

« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2011, 08:13:43 PM »

Well the one good thing at least we will get another Liberal majority out of it, cause if Dix and the dippers get in look out,  you guys will be screamin for the HST back..... ;D ;D ;D

How do you figure that?   If John Cummins and the cons gain in popularity they will split the vote with the other conservative party calling themselves Liberals and NDP will win.  Still almost two years until next election too, unless Christy will break the election law or rescind it. But wasn't the point of having it so politicians could not call elections at opportune times?

Plus the NDP did leave a surplus, kept ferry jobs in BC, skytrain cars in BC unlike the libs who jacked up msp fees, camping  fees  and tried to shift more taxes onto the people from corps. They lied about BC Rail.The German Ferries are not up to snuff yet the media which is all pro Liberal never mentions that do they? Same with the over runs of convention centre and how cost of new roof at BC Place went from 350 million to 550...Nary a word. If the Lame stream media in BC ever told the truth the Liberals would never get in again.

I also think it is time to start taxing corps properly. Corporate capital tax went from 16 to 10 percent under libs and corporate capital tax totally eliminated...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:16:40 PM by Burbot »

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #393 on: August 26, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »

Shall I start with the dippers then, say from Bingo gate and on.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2011, 05:27:02 AM »

Shall I start with the dippers then, say from Bingo gate and on.

And the Liberals have been pure as virgin snow..... ::) They're all crooks.

Some required reading for Crusty's cheering section here:
http://thecanadian.org/k2/item/969-dave-cobb-hydro-ipp-christy-clark-rafe
http://alexgtsakumis.com/ see the BC Rail "honesty" :o
or you can look up the debacle called BC Ferries and lots of other things that the Liberals have done to the electorate. Oddly enough, most of the honey that falls off the provincial platter lands on the Liberal supporters. Here ya go! Driven snow!
http://thetyee.ca/News/2005/04/14/TopDonorsThrive/

No Bassonator- they're all crooks. That's why today's events are important. It's time a government led for the people, not their financial supporters.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:08:58 AM by Novabonker »
http://

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »

Still almost two years until next election too, unless Christy will break the election law or rescind it...
Who knows whats rattling around in that crazy bowl cut of hers...

I still think that, although the people have spoken, their voice has come out, democracy prevailed, additional soapbox bull***t - BCer's voted wrong, courtesy of a man who is clearly a shining example of financial wisdom.

J
- John A.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »

And the Liberals have been pure as virgin snow..... ::) They're all crooks.

Some required reading for Crusty's cheering section here:
http://thecanadian.org/k2/item/969-dave-cobb-hydro-ipp-christy-clark-rafe
http://alexgtsakumis.com/ see the BC Rail "honesty" :o
or you can look up the debacle called BC Ferries and lots of other things that the Liberals have done to the electorate. Oddly enough, most of the honey that falls off the provincial platter lands on the Liberal supporters. Here ya go! Driven snow!
http://thetyee.ca/News/2005/04/14/TopDonorsThrive/

No Bassonator- they're all crooks. That's why today's events are important. It's time a government led for the people, not their financial supporters.

Left wing diatribe......just sayin.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »

Tough to take you seriously when you're avatar is a cartoon child rubbing himself- just sayin' ::)

All I posted was facts, pure and simple- Reread what I stated - they''re all crooks.Not just one party, all of them. I was just changing my grand child's diaper and was reminded of politics.
http://

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »

Didnt realize that an avatar was used to judge someones maturity.... ;D

Burbot

« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »

The BC Government never received the $1.6 billion. It was being received in instalments, and the last I read we had received 1 billion so far but made an EXTRA 800 million on the HST (probably more by now). So we don't owe anything; it's fear mongering.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »

My letter to Bill tonight.

Good work on this Bill. You and your group did just a wonderful job the last year or more, we cannot thank you enough. Thanks to Jackie and Frank who collected so many signatures here in Chilliwack along with Gwen, Glen and Clive who worked on this as well with the sign campaign, in the Chilliwack area

Please tell me why it takes 18 months to stop the government from collecting this hated tax. It should be done away in no more than a month. I am thinking of saving all my receipts with the HST on it from after Thursday and submitting it to Victoria to get my funds back. Also they talk about having to pay back 1.6 billion. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Fed's paying money in installments and there is a few million BC has not been given yet? I have never heard the press say this all they do is talk about paying 1. 6 billion back.

Thanks so much again for leading us on this campaign.

Kindest regards,

Chris

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2011, 05:55:14 AM »

Response back from Bill on the above post.

It should take no longer than 6 weeks if they wish it.  Keep in mind that big business collects, from the consumer, about $ 6 million dollars, and the B.C. Liberal government collects about 2 + million dollars for every day the hst remains in place.  It also gives big business and government time to “cry the crocodile tears” and blame all those that voted to reject the hst for any economic downturn regardless of cause – and downturn there will be especially if the government wills it by delaying the extinguishment of the hst.  Bill Vander Zalm

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2011, 09:26:07 AM »

Response back from Bill on the above post.

It should take no longer than 6 weeks if they wish it.  Keep in mind that big business collects, from the consumer, about $ 6 million dollars, and the B.C. Liberal government collects about 2 + million dollars for every day the hst remains in place.  It also gives big business and government time to “cry the crocodile tears” and blame all those that voted to reject the hst for any economic downturn regardless of cause – and downturn there will be especially if the government wills it by delaying the extinguishment of the hst.  Bill Vander Zalm

Still don't trust the guy.
- John A.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2011, 11:46:07 AM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »

My letter to the editor in today's Chilliwack Progress.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_valley/theprogress/opinion/letters/128681253.html
Questions linger over failed HST

Recommend on Facebook
others also read...
Chilliwack Progress
■Questions linger after boy hit on bike
■Decision day draws near for HST
■Post HST: So now what?
Fraser Valley
■HST debate: Still unconvinced
■No sense in repealing HST
Published: August 30, 2011 9:00 AM
Updated: August 30, 2011 9:44 AM

I am wondering  why the Liberal government are now saying after the British Columbia voter has spoken it will most likely take 18 months to stop collecting this hated tax. In my mind it should be done away in no more than a couple of months. How can it take 18 months to go back to the old PST-GST tax system? I feel if the present government has any chance of being elected for another term they should just do that. Maybe they just want to collect as much money as they can before it is axed for good.

With MLAs Penner and Black recently calling it a day and with more surely to follow they know their government has made so many mistakes with British Colombia’s finances, IPPs, BC Hydro and  BC Rail​ to name a few they have opened the window for Dix and his party to form government in the very near future.

Also Kevin Falcon and others keep talking about now having to pay back $1.6 billion total to the federal government. Correct me if I am wrong, but weren’t the feds paying money to B.C. in installments and there is  around $500 million British Columbia has not been given yet? They should have plenty of surplus money made on the HST to date so this should not create a financial drain on the treasury of British Columbia.

Maybe we should be saving all our receipts from last Thursday on with the HST on them and send them to Victoria to collect our funds back, stranger things have happened with this HST tax the last few months when it first surfaced and announced by Campbell and company, a tax that has cost the average working people money they could not and still cannot afford.

Chris Gadsden