Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: squamish sunday  (Read 1383 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
squamish sunday
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »

Well...it's very nice to know that my fly fishing skunk extends past the Vedder and has reached the squamish river as well...Oh well, it was still a great day and my first time seeing the Squamish, fished three spots..first by the memorial which the pic's are from..(then my camera's battery started to die, oh the delight of having teenagers :P)....headed up river and talked to a couple other fly fisherman but they had had no luck as well...headed down to a few spots and while very fishy, didn't catch or see anything...hit down by the campground at the end, found out what quick sand is and was up to my knee's in less then a second, was lucky to roll myself out before i went any deeper and that pretty much killed our fishing there..but as the sky's decided to open up it was time to book anyways....a great day on another incredable river, damn it bugs me how all our eagles have seemed to move up here...draft doggers i'm sure ;)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:09:38 PM by golfman65 »

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: squamish sunday
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 09:53:10 PM »

nice pictures ;) no fish, but nothin better then being on the river or lake fishin. ;D