Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saturday 2-10 on the Vedder  (Read 2507 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Saturday 2-10 on the Vedder
« on: February 10, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »

Well, we thought we'd try something different this weekend and hit it on a Saturday, with rain in the forecast for tomorrow and family obligations, we ( Thicky Ricky, Merc. Dave bailed on us :'() figured maybe it was a good omen...

Started up mid river, beautiful morning...Visibility was around only 1-2 feet up there but still just gorgeous water...Fished in mid way and down about as far as you can go...TR had a blow out with his reel so we had to go back for a quick repair and then we hit it again and just about up to the Tammy bridge....I got one very brief, hard bump...that was it. TR and Merc were in the same boat..Fished pink worms, roe sacks, Jensen eggs, peach wool...nothing seemed to take their fancy up there...

Headed up river but forgot what fishing on a Saturday with nice weather was like..All the holes were packed and many secondary ones were as well, We decided to head down to the lower and fished Yarrow side for a bit down by the gravel pit...Had lots of fun, bullsheeiting and smoking cigars but our noise and smoke most likely scared the fish all away.. :o...

Took a quick peak down lower but YUK...that's all I can about that...Tested out my new stick today and it performed extremely well for not catching anything...Thanks JG for the heads up on the gloomis gl3 sar 1362...It was everything you said.....

That's about it, heard that four were caught today around us but we didn't see anything..Indian Ronny shook hands with one down lower but in his usual fashon decided to long line release it.. ;D

Geez...I'm hungry...good night now!!!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:57:18 PM by Xgolfman »

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: Saturday 2-10 on the Vedder
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 07:12:15 PM »

Thanks for the report guys,i will be heading out tomorrow for more  ;)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »

Was a good day to be out !! when I was hiking up stream I came around a corner and the sun was just starting to hit the water... WOW!! what a beautiful place we live in !!! couldn't care less we didn't get into fish , had a great day and couldn't ask for better company !!
Man I am hungry
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »

Was a good day to be out !! when I was hiking up stream I came around a corner and the sun was just starting to hit the water... WOW!! what a beautiful place we live in !!! couldn't care less we didn't get into fish , had a great day and couldn't ask for better company !!
Man I am hungry
TR

It was a great day!  No fish for us as already stated but just a gorgeous day to be out.  Warm temps, great company, great cigars.  Flavor of the day?  H. Uppmanns!   ;)

By the way, XGolfman, or should I say, American Bad A$$ (or ABA, as we like to affectionately call you now  ;D), and TR: I fed you!  I'm  not hungry.
President Club S. C. & P.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »

Having nice gear doesnt make you a good fisherman, or doesnt mean you have all the knowledge out there, i have seen people with the most expensive gear and they cant catch a fish if there life dpended on it.

I know a guy who's got a Kingfisher centre pin, G. Loomis rod and all Simms gear for his waders and jackets and boots who hasn't touched a fish.  Apparently he also has Abel reels, and real high end fly gear too!  ;D

Mind you, this year I also know a guy with a Matrix centre pin reel, TFO rod and Reddington waders (currently being replaced under warranty) who hasn't been into a fish either.  :P

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

Having nice gear doesnt make you a good fisherman, or doesnt mean you have all the knowledge out there, i have seen people with the most expensive gear and they cant catch a fish if there life dpended on it.

I know a guy who's got a Kingfisher centre pin, G. Loomis rod and all Simms gear for his waders and jackets and boots who hasn't touched a fish.  Apparently he also has Abel reels, and real high end fly gear too!  ;D

Mind you, this year I also know a guy with a Matrix centre pin reel, TFO rod and Reddington waders (currently being replaced under warranty) who hasn't been into a fish either.  :P

You ba$$turd.... ::)....BUT...I have been half way around the world, supported myself and my habits...and

geez......i'm still hungry.... ;D

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 11:46:10 PM »

Okay ABA.   ;D

ever_hopefull

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »

It was an awesome day to be out.  The thermometer on my car indicated 15 degrees at one point, and a few guys were fishing in t-shirts.   :)

I managed to lose a small hatchery fish at the beach  :'( in the lower river.  The third time the fish came to the beach it spit the hook at me, but it was only 5-6 lbs, and it was still early in the day, so it would have been released anyway.  At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.  Went to the upper river in the afternoon hiking around to find some new spots to try out.  Came across one spot and watched a couple of guys bring 3 fish to the beach, in between 10 - 15 lbs, in less than 30 minutes.  They were all wild so they were immediately, and gently, released.  It was a tight spot for the fish to get through, so the fish were definitely there.  Now I just have to figure out how they got to that side of the river because my lips are :-X.

Great day all in all

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »

Fished Saturday some spots below Lickman saw one caught on pink worm, where I'd been fish a colorado earlier. Lent the guy a pen to fill out his license. Not many been caught the last few days, I guess, and try those areas you don't even think the fish will be. Wasn't my turn though I found a Drennan so that made up for things somewhat.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?