Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chum wrestling with the best of um  (Read 2205 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Chum wrestling with the best of um
« on: October 18, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »

Well, I've been on the snide for the fly rod for Salmon so far this year...To be honest, I've been avoiding the Chedder and been trout fishing instead so nothing to really cry about...Decided the time had come to venture forth and while I've tried to show love for the C.P. it's going to be gone and a spey is going to be it's replacement...

So, cut to the chase...20+ hooked, half dozen landed, about 7 were bites...Chum wrestling at it's best..this is a shot of a small one...the big boys, actually all of them were quickly released...but this one I could get a quick shot of and then sent on it's way...Purple egg sucking leech's were deadly..but ended up losing all six of mine...Indian Ronny, did a good job too and pulled in a few nice ones as well...Ba$tard got a nice doe and a huge bag of fresh roe...Me, don't care, don't gut fish no mo....

The 06 snide is over!!! ;D

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Chum wrestling with the best of um
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 06:41:10 PM »

Gotta love the chum on the fly eh. I to need to pick up more purple egg sucking leeches as they were on fire last weekend. Nice report and chum

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »

nice report, your arms must me hurtin
crab cakes

Eightball

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 07:20:34 PM »

Nice fish and report. Your pictures were great on the discussion forum. I am tyeing up some leeches. GI Joe's is open. Lots of good stuff. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 08:08:51 PM »

Hook Set

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »

Good job. Nice fish and video

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 10:11:03 PM »

Yeah you sure were into them on the Fly rod there today I was fishing just below you guys you both had to walk a few dogs down past me  ;D . Lots of fish in there today I to hooked my fare share a few on Wool a few on Colorado's and Spin n Glo's . All males for me did see one  Chinook swim past me three times 20 pounds or so very bright fish so easy to tell it apart from the Chum . Most of the fish were very dark hopefully there will be some fresh ones move in with the tides in the next few days .

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »

Yeah you sure were into them on the Fly rod there today I was fishing just below you guys you both had to walk a few dogs down past me  ;D . Lots of fish in there today I to hooked my fare share a few on Wool a few on Colorado's and Spin n Glo's . All males for me did see one  Chinook swim past me three times 20 pounds or so very bright fish so easy to tell it apart from the Chum . Most of the fish were very dark hopefully there will be some fresh ones move in with the tides in the next few days .

Wish I would have known that was you...I felt really bad cutting in on you that many times, finally just cranked up the drag on my reel and decided to wrestle them in up higher if possible....We got to the point where we had to stop for awhile and take turns...and then it was an arguement over who could sit one out....Next time I'll bring you down a coffee or something.. ;)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 04:07:04 PM »

Hey, nice chump! Must have been fun on the fly! :o

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 07:18:27 PM »

trying to get a rod reel and slow sinking line so i can get out! thinking of a 9 weight!
Fish killer 101