Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: memorial weekend in B'ham  (Read 1186 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
memorial weekend in B'ham
« on: May 29, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »

Well it was our turn this weekend. Weather was a bit suspect on Sunday but we toughed it out, mostly wind and some rain. Hit a fly only lake down in B'ham. Old indian ronny was with me and while he can't catch a cold chironomid fishing, he seems to have this down. Shallow lake, I think it's 12 feet at it's deepest.
Started out slow with Rondondo leading the way with six fish, Five smaller ones and one nice bow. I had only gotten one 10 in. cuttie and was feeling a little frustrated. I finally figured out I was fishing to deep, was trying leech's etc. near the bottom hoping for a bigger fish. I finally found the right fly and ended up with a nice brook trout in the 12 in. range which i released, another small cuttie and one decent colorful bow. Last fly of the day and i got another decent bow in the 13-14 in. range and released him too. Got a bunch of bumps from small ones on the way in. (last fly was a damsel nymph)....All in all, a decent weekend. Got to try out a new kick boat i got and it was a good pick up, The water master is a little heavy to hump into some of these lakes, and this one you have to hike in a 1/4 mile, not bad until you try carrying all your gear and boat down, the fish cat is much much easier...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:37:34 PM by golfman65 »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: memorial weekend in B'ham
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 06:39:25 PM »

Sounds like a great time!! ;D  Nice pics Golfman!!   ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

joshuag232

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 07:20:14 PM »

nice fish and pics

Eightball

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:21:05 PM »

I recognize the lake. Went there today and it was sunny and the fish were lock jawed. Last week released 12. Some cuts up to 16 inches. Still have not caught a tiger trout out of there yet. Nice pics...