Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Home Early Today Because...... Vedder Report, Feb. 2  (Read 4484 times)

ahans

• I'm a llama!
Re: Home Early Today Because...... Vedder Report, Feb. 2
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 08:47:21 AM »

Nice fish Chris  :), Congrats.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 11:06:35 AM »

Ok, so all i have to do is find those same rocks in the background and the fish are somewhere Near. Nice Fish.

Remeber how Rodney did that all fall with his coho. It took me until yesterday to figure out where he was fishing.
Actions speak louder than words.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 05:47:53 PM »

The rivers totally changed. Fished Behind On-WAY-store saw nothing, touched nothing and left with nothing. Still looking for my first.....
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 06:39:48 PM »

The rivers totally changed. Fished Behind On-WAY-store saw nothing, touched nothing and left with nothing. Still looking for my first.....
Do not get discouraged as it takes time sometimes to get that first steelhead but once you hook that first one you will be hooked for life.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2005, 06:47:14 PM »

Beauty! 

Oh, btw, you keep talking about Cookies....all that free advertising has peaked my interest...where is it, we will try it next time. 
It is on Old Yale West just east of Lickman Road, just before HY Louies. It is on the North side of Yale. Open 5:30 am to 3pm every day but Sunday, breakfast to 11.

Tell them Chris sent them and you are a fisherman and get the best of service. ;D ;D

marshal

• Hook Chucker
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 02:41:03 PM »

Congrats on the fish, Chris.  Your posts are a most worthwhie read.

...It was the replacement for the old Maple Leaf Balsa float that ended its life span on a snag in the Diving Board Run yesterday. ;D

I don't recognize the name of this run. With all the changes to the river, and the fact I haven't been able to get out yet this season, where is this run?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 02:47:15 PM by marshal »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 04:05:57 PM »

Congrats on the fish, Chris.  Your posts are a most worthwhie read.

...It was the replacement for the old Maple Leaf Balsa float that ended its life span on a snag in the Diving Board Run yesterday. ;D

I don't recognize the name of this run. With all the changes to the river, and the fact I haven't been able to get out yet this season, where is this run?
I got reprimanded severly a few weeks ago as I was told on the forum I gave a way a "secret" spot on the Vedder which I believe there is no such thing on this river. I told this person that fact and everyone knows I fish from the Vedder Crossing area down 90% of the time as I do not enjoy fishing the top part in Fulcrum Country. ;D There is nothing wrong at all fishing up there as it is a personal choice on the types of water different anglers like to angle in.

I was taught most of my river fishing from the Master in the 70's and it was instilled in me the lower is the area to fish in so that has stuck with me for some unknown reason other than you have fresh fish coming in there all of the time and a lot of them have not seen a bait. This morning Nick and I saw the dirty water at Lickman (a hint for you  ;D) and there was no talk to head up river where we could of fished, instead we go to Cookies for lunch. ;D

I may be avoiding answering your direct question but the best is if you like to fish the lower part park anywhere and just start walking and exploring. As water levels rise and fall nearly daily good fishing areas will come an go as will the fish that you are sure to catch.  ;D ;D Enjoy and hope this helps you find a fish or two.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 04:09:14 PM by chris gadsden »

marshal

• Hook Chucker
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005, 08:54:59 PM »

Chris,
I don't usually see names of runs in your well written posts (understandable).... so when you named the DB run, I assumed it was a well known run (you know, like Rangers, On the Way, etc.)  It wasn't my intention to ask you to take the big risk  ;) of naming names........

Thanks for your reply and as I haven't been able to get out for SH yet, your posts are most welcome.   :D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 09:07:33 PM »

Chris, I wouldn't worry about what others think or say. There is no secret spot on the Vedder or any other rivers. Matter of whether the fisherman is too lazy to walk or hike to these more inaccessible spots.

Bantam_50

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2005, 12:48:28 AM »

Well....I believe I've got the best advise for most neophytes checking these boards looking for that 'secret hole or killer technique.'   ??? You say!

You'll find yourself chasing more unknowns, than discovery the answers by trial and error YOURSELF. Is there a secret spot on the Vedder?...sure there is.  :D  As with every other river one angles. There's a difference from being successful to being frustrates (due to lack of results)...it's called finding that secret spot.

"But that's what I keep asking here"....is your reply. The answer lies in YOU finding that secret spot. Every successful angler posting on these fishing boards has FOUND a secret spot. Maybe not the same spot as someone else but they think of it as a secret spot because they were able to do everything right and hook a fish.

So with all the good free advise that is being offered....short-floating, roe bags, submerged logs, tail out of runs, hooks, line ect ect....arm yourself with this overwhelming powerkeg of info and enjoy becoming one who can post a report with a SECRET SPOT.  ;D

If you still need added help....I'm on the river Sunday. Blue Explorer, black STH hat, Camo vest and blue neo's. I can show you all kinds of spots...it's up to you to make them a SECRET. ;D

btw - Did I mention that I'm also free for breaky at the PV. On you. :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 12:51:58 AM by Bantam_50 »