Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013/14 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 90288 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I am sure it will be fine but it could change if we get heavy rain tonight.

liketofish

• Old Timer

It was excellent when I left the lower river about 6PM. Had a nice day out with a 10 lb wild doe on a spinner.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Water was perfect today, didn't start until 2 tho. Rolled one on roe/shrimp, but it came off after it turned. Saw 3 more taken, heard of another 5.

Brian the fisherman

Gin clear water, and Dont forget your new fishing licenses 8) Fishing is great on the river today.
Tight lines to all

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

As Brian said water gin clear, saw or heard of 4 hooked, I barbed one and saw another roll. Found a reel cover, will post on lost and found thread.

Kenwee

If it is  John Milner black reel cover its mine lost 3 days ago.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

If it is  John Milner black reel cover its mine lost 3 days ago.
Sorry.

BCLAX

How was the visibility today?

liketofish

• Old Timer

Visibility is good enough. At least 4 ft in lower with a bit of colour due to rain on and off.  But it started to rain hard in later afternoon when I left at 4PM. I had a good day. Nothing much in the morning as I focused on pocket water in the rapids. But heard of good action in a particular lower run in the morning. So in the afternoon I went up a run above the hot run. Fished in the tail out of that run for an hour but nothing. Then sat down and rested 20 minutes. Started casting again and Wham. Float dipped at the water I combed for an hour before. So the fish finally arrived from the hot run below. Landed a nice 12 lbs totally chrome hatchery doe. Hope the river will hold its shape for you guys tomorrow. Tight line.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:33:34 PM by liketofish »

BCLAX

Thanks for the reply liketofish  :)

swimmingwiththefishes

Hows it looking now?  On the river level site seems like its spiked quite a bit. Hoping to fish the pm though.

Kenwee

Lower river water condition is excellent. I landed a wild early this morning and had my addiction so came home at 9.00am

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water up a bit today, fished for a couple of hours during the late morning but no success. Hear of a couple caught.

fisharoo

The water level on the graph shot straight up today. Was there any rain in chilliwack today? or did the warm weather start to bring some melt?

yoda

Lost my cover for my centerpin by lickman on friday last week. Thought it probably fell in the water and floated away.
It is green.