Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for information on the legality of driving through waterbodys.  (Read 1000 times)

TheFishingLad

I've been looking for government information on the legality of driving through streams/rivers. If I remember correctly, you can drive through a stream if there is a road on each side of the stream. I also remember seeing signs in the merritt area strictly saying don't do it, but without any sources given, or numbers to call. I advocate against driving through anything without somewhat of a road, but have no information to give other than "I have no real sources to prove/disprove what Im saying". The government website and fisheries doesn't seem to give me much.

Was hoping someone could point me in a specific direction,

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Looking for information on the legality of driving through waterbodys.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 05:46:08 PM »

I have been told driving across water  is allowed but if you are ripping about with a vehicle in a water body that is a no no and they can be fined. Although I think you should not drive across any water as there is always some fish or aquatic life there.

One thing I donot like is to see those TV commercials of people in trucks going through streams and rivers etc..