Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is a "beek"?  (Read 14456 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: What is a "beek"?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 02:59:29 PM »

Best thing to do is record report and whenever possible take photos. So not to get yourself into some legal issues.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 04:19:43 PM »

secondary meaning of a 'beek', is a person who's become proficient in angling, who end up with a 'God like' complex....then 'beek' off about things they don't agree with and end up talking out of their a$$es.   ::) ::) ::)  anyone wanna take claim to fame on this one? ::) ::) ::)

I'm feeling a little defensive on this one...

I just feel strongly about standing-up against poaching & littering.  Do you just do f#>k-all because you don't want to be perceived as high-and-mighty?  Obviously if personal safety is an issue one just "observes & reports".

i think you misunderstood what i said.  "God like complex" refers to those who take a stance on personal opinions without regard to others'.  especially in situations, where there's no right or wrong answers.

standing up for what's right and upholding the law is honourable.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

I use that term on my friends( in a humourous manner) when they cross over my lines.

I was called that term when I first started fresh water fishing many moons ago. I've always thought that it meant a "newbie" fisherman. I have images of birds gathering together for food and pecking at each other. In a similar way, new fishermen tend to flock together and when they see fish caught, they will all run towards that spot, ignoring others.

reeler

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

According to another forum, exhaustive discussion has revealed that tackle boxes, yellow raingear and spinning reels are all contributing factors in beak (beek) make up.
I would like to hire gt at 6'3" 260lb to hide behind when I yell "beek!" or to clear a space for me in the Sockeye lineup.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 09:40:52 PM »

Don't worry, come coho season I'm sure we'll see some beeked out reports  ;)

Yellow raincoats and all
Actions speak louder than words.