Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: " Sight Fising "  (Read 5338 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: " Sight Fising "
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2022, 01:40:07 PM »

sorry Rod but the principle of Mens Rea ( the guilty mind, which is what you refer to) works both ways. Without intent there can be no infraction. Challenges in court to such charges have been over turned and dismissed. People need to read both the original post and the definition of snagging. If fish are hooked in the mouth it matters not that they did not "strike" or "bite". It doesn't meet the definition. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:04:28 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Lunk Louie

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2022, 01:43:56 PM »

What a racism laden comment ! - congrats on being equally repulsive guy as the snagger

WOW....that’s about as weak as trolls come....

Thought about just ignoring the troll for the insignificance that it is, but for the record and for what it's worth....last I checked, and contrary to your belief, some/many of my closest and dearest friends/associates include either Asian, Black and/or East/NA Indian ....so I guess that settles that.

The intent was to paint a vivid factual picture of exactly what I observed hoping other legit anglers (and hopefully CO types) could perhaps use the description to aid in recognizing  the perp in the future....I wonder if you take offense to people wishing you a “Merry Christmas !!!” too  ::)

Phronesis

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2022, 03:55:33 PM »

I took that far I agree, we all as humans strive to be better versions of ourselves, what triggered me is you mentioning "ironically they were Asian guys yelling at him" - this implies that Asians usually do not follow the rules but yet they were the ones yelling or correcting the snagger...... I get it, subconsciously people have certain perceptions about a certain community and thats human nature, but would be nice to make that effort of not generalizing....Sorry to have called you a racist...
There are few bad apples in every community.....

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2022, 05:24:19 PM »

lol what's there to debate about. There is one word which would settle it.

Intent.

If a C&P officer or CO sees that your intent is to willfully foul hooking fish, then you will be fined.

Thanks Rodney.
It ain't the roe bro'

VictorBai

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2022, 02:10:29 PM »

guys on the opposite bank were yelling "fow hook, fow hook" in broken English AND in unison, to no avail...ironically they were Asian guys yelling at him

I don’t get the irony of this.