Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: inflatable boat  (Read 15409 times)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: inflatable boat
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »

how u get the pleasure craft operator card? thank you

You write it on line and then when you fail it doesnt let you log back in and then you phone the nice lady at BoaterCanada and explain to her that you have been trying to log back onto your acct. for 3 days.
She then puts you on hold and then comes back and says,Congratulations Mr. so and so,you just passed the Safe Boater exam.

Or at least,that was my experience. :o

jacklam999

jacklam999

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »

You write it on line and then when you fail it doesnt let you log back in and then you phone the nice lady at BoaterCanada and explain to her that you have been trying to log back onto your acct. for 3 days.
She then puts you on hold and then comes back and says,Congratulations Mr. so and so,you just passed the Safe Boater exam.

Or at least,that was my experience. :o

i see  , thank you

croy_00

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »

I agree, good points, safety is of the utmost importance...

Kind of a late reply, but they are not bad at all for small lakes. I use a Seahawk 4 and 38lb thrust Minn Kota and fish just fine year round. As far as safety is concerned, they have three separate air chambers, with 30mm puncture resistant PVC. It holds me and the ol lady, and the floor is stable enough to hold my massive group 31 Nautilus battery without issue.

The boat is under $100 at Walmart, and I have a large duffel bag with wheels to transport all of my gear into a small car. For the portability/cost, it is not a bad option for someone who cannot spend $1000 on a high-end pontoon boat.

Ssypark

• addicted
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 09:18:35 PM »

I got the Intex Seahawk II on Amazon.com. I think the quality is great for the price and only takes me 10 mins to setup. Ive compared this boat to the local stores' inflatables and it seems to be more durable in material and sturdy. Fortunately i purchased it for only $130 including shipping and tax but it seems that they bumped up the price. Check it out!

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Seahawk-II-Boat-Set/dp/B00177J4XO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1375935351&sr=8-6&keywords=intex+boat+seahawk