Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stocking???  (Read 6500 times)

Blackgivesway2blue

Re: Stocking???
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »

you are talking about Friday last week right ??? I was standing on that little concrete pipe and yes i was fishing a chironie. I looked in the guys box that was fishing next to me and suggested he try a Black Spratley which produced a fish 3 casts later, his first fly caught fish EVER !!!  He was so stoked that it made my day  ;D

anytime your there and see me feel free to come and say hi. You are actually the other kid waiting to take your casting class with Rick arent you ??? My cousins son is the other kid  ;) I got him into the class and saw him casting a bit this past weekend, has all the beginners mistakes but thats cause he needs that class !!! you both need to harass Rick now that he is done with Olympics.

I will probably be out there one night this week after work. either thursday or friday  ;D it had better be stocked by then !!!!!!

Friday March 12, I left at about 2:30 (i think thats when you moved over to the other end of the lake).  I'm all done my classes with Rick, we did the casting part about 2 weeks after the theory class.  I got the hang of the casting part right away i just have to practice alot (Which I have Been).  I wont be going thursday or Friday though,  Going to the Vedder instead  ;D.  MIGHT be out tomorrow though

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »

Good luck at the lake  ;D if your gonna fly fish try these: black/red micro leech, Black doc spratley, black/red ribber chironie about 3-4feet deep. Those "should" give you a pull if there is fish around.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »

Good luck at the lake  ;D if your gonna fly fish try these: black/red micro leech, Black doc spratley, black/red ribber chironie about 3-4feet deep. Those "should" give you a pull if there is fish around.

would a Black/Purple Woolly Bugger work??? guy beside me today caught a 7 pounder on that ( stupid fish hit my lure, missed it, turned went for his fly >:( )

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 10:45:08 PM »

to be honest some goofy a** flies work but not that consistent. i have seen people use rolled muddlers & mickey finns for example. I know that xmas trees seem to catch fish also at times. My black/red chironie usually always gets a few smacks even when fishing is painfully slow
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:44 AM »

I went to rice lake last 3 weeks every Saturday. Me and my friend caught our limits within two/three hours. Didn't see any snow but it was wet.
RB are there very small though.

I was there that day we had some snow last week, I fished from the floating dock. Poured rain and no movement on the lake. super cold so I didn't bother. Rain gear or not I was not willing to sit out there anymore.

I went to Green Timbers today, no action from the lake and then all off a sudden around 4 pm the fish are rolling on the surface all over the lake. I was floating bait, no takers, cast out a spoon and nothing. However, the guy over to my right nails 2 big ugly looking brood stock on his fly rod. by 4:45 all the surface activity stops and the bites seemed to stop as well. Oh well, probably going to be there Thursday. look for me if you're out there