Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stocking???  (Read 6500 times)

vancook

• Old Timer
Re: Stocking???
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »

lol. I've gone to Lafarge a few times..although the bucket brigades tend to annoy me.
I'm usually at GT because a good friend of mine lives right by guildford, so I tend to make stops at the lake before or after I meet up with them lol

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »

If i see guys keeping fish in buckets i always take a look inside if im able to because i have found that most of the time the fish are being kept alive  >:( if this is the case i either tell them to kill the fish or i dump out the bucket especially if they are over their limit  >:( >:( I have done this a few times at Green Timbers in past years and im glad to see people starting to smarten up a bit now. Also glad to see more CO's at the local lakes, saw them there 5or6 times last year  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »

Also glad to see more CO's at the local lakes, saw them there 5or6 times last year  ;D

the last two times ive been to Green Timbers there has been a CO  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »

Catchable rainbow trout stockings have not begun in the Lower Mainland but they are still scheduled to start before the end of this month. That being said, here is a story that may drag people out of the house:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/fishy_news/100315-1.html

Some additional comments from the hatchery:

These are FVRB and we manipulate them to spawn in the fall. So, while most of these are past spawners they have had several months to recover.

In saying that it costs us extra to hold these fish so we are interested in what type of response they might generate from the angling community.

If you have some feedbacks, please feel free to post them here and I will forward them to the hatchery.

Good luck.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »

According to my work mate, he was out on the weekend walking his dog and saw they were stocking with some brood stock at Greentimbers.
Take the T out of Morton.

Mat9

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »

Thanks for the info. I'll have to take my 9 yr old son out this weekend.....he's been chomping at the bit to get out again.

I took my son to Lafarge Lake early in the morning (7:30am) a week ago Sunday and nothing was biting. I'd like to take him to the Vedder and get some more use out of his new neoprene waders and wader boots, but probably way too busy to have a young kid around.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

We went to Lafarge and i went around the lake with the fish finder looking for fish and only sounded about 30 in the entire lake  :'( i guess alot of fish get pulled out in the winter and the Otter must have been very hungry LOL

we managed 1 each and missed 1 strike.

The brood stock was put into Green Timbers on wednesday or thursday because i got one on Friday about 6lbs. They could have been putting in more on the weekend though  ;D however i didnt think they did stockings on weekends  ???
Check out our new blog

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

I'll be heading to green timbers sometime this week...looks like thursday right now.
my outing to rice was unsuccessful, didn't see any movement in the lake and I happened to go there with snow on the ground...it was cold and wet so we packed it in within 2 hours

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »

because i got one on Friday about 6lbs.

i saw a couple people catch broodstocks on friday, one guy caught one right beside me  ;D where you fly fishing with a pug running around behind you by anychance???

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »

HA HA HA are you perhaps Gary's grandson ?? and yes thats me with the Pug (Mikey)
Check out our new blog

rahmanjoy

• Red-Spring
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »

I'll be heading to green timbers sometime this week...looks like thursday right now.
my outing to rice was unsuccessful, didn't see any movement in the lake and I happened to go there with snow on the ground...it was cold and wet so we packed it in within 2 hours

I went to rice lake last 3 weeks every Saturday. Me and my friend caught our limits within two/three hours. Didn't see any snow but it was wet.
RB are there very small though.
<><   <><   <><

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:02 PM »

HA HA HA are you perhaps Gary's grandson ?? and yes thats me with the Pug (Mikey)

the older fly fishing guy with the cool looking hat?? no, im not his grandson.  Next time ill pop bye and say hi  :)

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »

I was just curious because i had 2 younger kids talking to me and one of them was  ;) Next time come say hi, I can suggest a fly that works really well for those fish  ;D
Check out our new blog

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »

I was just curious because i had 2 younger kids talking to me and one of them was  ;) Next time come say hi, I can suggest a fly that works really well for those fish  ;D

i wasnt fly fishing those days, i was just using some single eggs.  On friday people to the right of me where talking about broodstocks and you where like those people are crazy for touching those things or something like that, I was the kid closest to them just standing there watching my rod. and i think you where fishing a chrionomid that day too  ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:42:12 PM by Blackgivesway2blue »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »

you are talking about Friday last week right ??? I was standing on that little concrete pipe and yes i was fishing a chironie. I looked in the guys box that was fishing next to me and suggested he try a Black Spratley which produced a fish 3 casts later, his first fly caught fish EVER !!!  He was so stoked that it made my day  ;D

anytime your there and see me feel free to come and say hi. You are actually the other kid waiting to take your casting class with Rick arent you ??? My cousins son is the other kid  ;) I got him into the class and saw him casting a bit this past weekend, has all the beginners mistakes but thats cause he needs that class !!! you both need to harass Rick now that he is done with Olympics.

I will probably be out there one night this week after work. either thursday or friday  ;D it had better be stocked by then !!!!!!
Check out our new blog