Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seven months for ramming DFO boat  (Read 10427 times)

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
Re: Seven months for ramming DFO boat
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »

And I just finished telling you what my nation is doing about this. I cannot speak for another nation and what they are doing.

Have you ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?

What of those that are literally kicking sockeye salmon back into the river? Who's responsibility is it to tell them what to do? They're still fishing legally. Does that make it any more right?

My point was they have an inherent right that is written into the constitution. It is the governement of the day that has tried to manipulate that right through the use of the DFO.

Really what is your point here? You're trying to argue with me about this, why?
~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 09:02:40 PM »

I'm sorry Fly, but all I see from Eagleye is a statement, that is not directed at anyone.  I do not see anything argumentative in it whatsoever.  How does a statement such as "This is a fundamental problem in society that affects the environment." come off as trying to start a fight? He did say a problem with society did he not?  Not a problem with rec fishermen or "the natives".  The main person I see on this thread starting verbal wars is, well, you!!  Reread this and tell me that I am wrong!  Everyone read this next statement from Prettyfly and tell me I am wrong!!

Have you ever heard of two wrongs don't make a right?

What of those that are literally kicking sockeye salmon back into the river? Who's responsibility is it to tell them what to do? They're still fishing legally. Does that make it any more right?

My point was they have an inherent right that is written into the constitution. It is the government of the day that has tried to manipulate that right through the use of the DFO.

I think that this is just about enough of this, but I am not a mod, so, all I can say is give it a rest!!  It is getting real old, real quick!! ::)

PS, I know I said I wouldn't post anymore on this thread, well, I lied!!! Sue me!!!  Or call the DFO!!  Whatever works for ya!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 09:09:59 PM »

I don't think you wish to see my point and I have exhausted myself on this topic.  I agree with Big Steel it is time to move on.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 09:20:41 PM »

I agree, this thread has run it's course.

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »

I had just finished making a lengthy post on page 2 and then he posts

"Have you ever heard two rights don't make a wrong"

Why ask that? Was it just a retorical question? Was it meant to instigate???

I said I don't agree with what they're doing. What would you like me to do about it? I can't tell them what to do any more than anyone else. I can write to their band and say i don't approve and I will do that. I've told you what I'm doing about it.

I am just as frustrated. There are people on all sides making it difficult - not just the natives.

Lets look at this in another light. Sportfishermen fish for all kinds of fish for sport. There are loads of fish in the water to fish for - why salmon? Why not take a united stand and say "We're going to stop sportfishing for salmon for an entire year. That's our protest. We're going to challenge you to do the same".

All I can tell you is what my nation is doing about it.

My nation works hard at conservation. They monitor salmon stocks in the waterways in Canada that run to the ocean - Okanagan lake, Skaha lake, Vaseaux lake and the Okanagan River. Beyond that I'm not sure because its in the states. But the salmon are returning. They were a huge aspect to our survival. No one thought of the consequences of building dams in the Columbia river and how it would affect the salmon coming into the Okanagan. Most people didn't even know that Sockeye are a native fish to the Okanagan system.

Maybe that's what it's going to have to take is for all the salmon to stop coming back to the Fraser river. Maybe everyone needs to get off of it before that happens. But no, everyone keeps ripping at it trying to take their fair share and seemingly not care what is happening.

~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.