Fishing in British Columbia > The Fish Kitchen

Oysters

(1/3) > >>

DaN ThE MaN:
anyone know any good recipes?? thx

JigHead:
bake, deep fried, steam... deep fried is easy, just tip in egg then bread crumbs or whatever u perfer. then fry it. steam... with onions/little ginger... and chinese stuff.. hehe i dont know what they are in english.

fisherkingnigel:
kilpatrick style,

chopped bacon
garlic
lemon
soy sauce

all these ingredients are placed on top and cook the oyster in the oven.

Easy and good!

Nigelman

IronNoggin:
One of my Fav's:

Smoked on the Q:

Shuck oysters and retain the deeper cupped lower shell.
Drain oysters.
Mix 1/4 (or more depending on number of oysters) cup of butter, a good shot of Wochester (spp??)sauce, a tablespoon of Garlic Plus, a dribble of lemon juice, and sometimes a dribble of terriaki sauce in a glass container. Nuke to melt the butter (~1 minute) and mix well.
Add in a generous dallop of dry red wine (Shiraz/Cabernet great!) and mix well again.
Wash lower shell, and drain for a minute or two.
Place a spoonful of the sauce in each shell (face up of course)
Place drained oysters into half shells, and smother with remaining sauce.

Set up Barbeque this fashion: Either use the flat bricks in lue of brickettes, or use an empty tin can for smoke generator. In the former case, sprinkle several generous handfulls of your favorite wood chips (hickory excleent for oysters BTW) over the bricks, and saturate with a spray bottle. In the case of the can, fill with moistened chips & settle down right to the rack in the middle of the screen, between the brickettes.

Place the oysters on the TOP rack, and start the BBQ on high setting - just long enough you start to see smoke, then tun immediately to LOW. Monitor the flow of smoke, and occasionally slow this by spray bottle.

Takes about 20 minutes, and oysters should be a fine golden brown when nearing completion. Remove and serve immediately with generous quantities of the remaining wine.

This is an absolute favorite around the Hacienda, and it never ceases to amaze me just how much folks can put away! excellent smokey flavour, leaves 'em beggin' for more. Try it, I'm certain you'll like!

Cheers,
Nog

DaN ThE MaN:
Thx guys gotta give all of them a try :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version