Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeking crew for saltwater trips.  (Read 1089 times)

Midnite Sun

Seeking crew for saltwater trips.
« on: October 10, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »

Not sure where to post this but figured this forum made the most sense.  I live in Abbotsford and have a boat moored in Port Moody.  I fish both fresh and saltwater but I am new to the lower mainland and could use some help when fishing my boat in the salt.  I am new to the area and only have family members who either don't fish or get uncomfortable at the first sign of less than perfect weather.  The boat is a 34 foot Convertible with an overall length of 40 feet which makes it a pretty big boat to handle when a fish gets on and you are fishing multiple rods.  I basically want to find some folks who are comfortable on the saltwater and like fishing.

It would help if you have some common sense and experience with the local Vancouver saltwater fishery. The boat is equipped with dual electric scotties and has a full galley and head.  It would be nice if we could share costs.  I am not expecting nor wanting to make any cash off this (if I had help paying for fuel for the day that would suffice). The boat burns a fair amount of fuel on plane obviously but would run off one engine while trolling at low rpm so would be significantly less.   The boat is equipped with twin yanmar diesels 315 horsepower apiece with a cruising speed of about 20 knots.  I just purchased the boat recently so have no experience trolling with this particular boat.  The initial trips would be close to home fishing the Vancouver Harbour, QB, Bell Buoy, Point Grey, South Bowen etc. and then eventually day trips over to Thrasher rock when weather allows.   

Shoot me a pm if interested
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:50:07 AM by Midnite Sun »