Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost Lake...  (Read 9217 times)

Bavarian Raven

Lost Lake...
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:44:21 PM »

so while running this morning past Lost Lake, In Munday Park, Coquitlam I happened to stop by the south end of this lake and to my surprise, noticed several fish jumping near the edge of the greenery. the largest i guess to be around 8-10 inches. now i never really would have guessed there was a population of fish in this lake? but apparently there is.

does anyone know what kind of fish are in Lost Lake? (i'm guessing White Fish) and has anyone actually fished this tiny lake before? seeing those fish jumping has now got me curious... thanxs for your replys :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:16:04 PM by Bavarian Raven »

jon5hill

Re: Lost Lake...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »

I'm curious too.. my father was walking the dog there once and saw a man fly fishing, might be fun to try it. Regs?

D.Sams

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »

While walking my dog there I've often wondered the same thing...

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

Regs?

lost and mundy lake are not mentioned in the regs ::) i guess that means standard area 2 regulations yes?
i think i have seen that fly fishing man as well  8)

i remember as a kid (6ish) seeing two old men fishing at Lost Lake.
someone once said there was bass in lost lake, but i dont believe that myth. if there was, we would have heard about it by now. i hope there are no bass in there. it would ruin the ecosystem. but i could see carp or catfish or whitefish in there.

lol i guess the only way to find out is to go there one of these days and try 8) good old worms and bobbers have got to work if there are any fish left in there. lol or maybe we should rally and get a few trout stocked into these lakes ;D :D for the kid's sake of course  ::)

Fisherama

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »

I remember fishing Mundy Lake once upon a time ago with a worm and bobber and catching catfish after catfish, all of which were about 8inches or less.  That was about 20 years ago, but I wouldn't imagine that it'd be any different. 

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:46:02 AM »

I remember fishing Mundy Lake once upon a time ago with a worm and bobber and catching catfish after catfish, all of which were about 8inches or less.  That was about 20 years ago, but I wouldn't imagine that it'd be any different

now you got my hopes up. now i have to go and try (and regress to a kid) one of these next weekends 8)

ps, since neither lake (read:pond) in the park is mentioned in the fishing guidebook regs, i presume the two small lakes just fall under the regular area 2 regulations? right?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:58:32 AM by Bavarian Raven »

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:55:58 PM »

I remember people casting to the jumps and splashes in the lake myself (years ago)
Excuse me sir, are you fishing for frogs?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 01:00:53 PM »

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »

http://www.coquitlam.ca/NR/rdonlyres/8FC461AE-C10A-4A23-9F6A-15AB9FA133B0/52806/ParksMatrixMaster1.pdf

You may want to phone the City of Coquitlam 604-933-6226.

link doesnt work for me?  >:( :-\ what exactly does it link 2?

O. mykiss

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »

I dont know about Lost lake, but i was fishing mundy lake this evening and was disappointed. A while back i was walking by and asked a couple anglers what they were catching. They said bass and i was excited. All I caught tonight were Black Crappy. I was surprised to catch them but they were quite abundant and I can see how someone not familar with the fish would mistake them for something else. I may try Lost lake tomorrow and see what is there.

Ps. The crappy will hit anything. I was using a small gold and silver spoon.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

Remember as a 5yr kid going to that lake... we're talking 50 yrs ago !!! Coquitlam still had lots of bush where today there are lots of homes in that general area...

It was in it's very natural state then...basically a small trail leading to it & to Mundy Lake.
 Don't remember what fishing was like but some one built a small wood raft & diving board so it was a good place to cool off !!! (Lost Lake)
But all sorts of deer frogs snakes black bear racoon bobcat etc...