Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Operation Barbeque Part 2  (Read 8748 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re:Operation Barbeque Part 2
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 10:16:36 PM »

I donot have the location as yet and as I will be away Frank I am sure will post it as soon as we know.

I will try to find a computer on my trip to keep up todate on the forum activities and report on my quest for a gold medal. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 10:17:57 AM »

Thanks for the info.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 09:45:22 PM »

Employer has other plans for me (such as working :()

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 03:49:31 PM »

Sweet, Im still laid off and can make the trip to the protest.That makes 4 :P

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004, 04:32:50 PM »

Further info and reminders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris has been telling me over and over that you folks who visit this web site are keeners.  Well here is the deal.  The SDA will be holding a protest Sept. 7th. in Kelowna.  The prime minister and all his men will be their.  Including Geoff Regan.
In order for this to come off we need bodies.  People willing to hold an upside down Canadian flag or a number of other protest signs.  Please do not answer me and give me your opinion on the upside down flag.  That has already been around the block and we need not discuss it further.  We will give you a slogan sign instead of a flag.  By the way flags are available at 5 bucks and the money will go toward our defence costs.  If you are interested let me know and I will find a way to get them to you.  You don't have to go to the event to get a flag.
We will rent a mini van holding 8 passengers and as many as we need.  We will meet at the Chilliwack info booth at a time we will tell you about.  It will cost you about $20.00 per person to pay for the cost of the van, fuel, and toll booth fee.  We will be coming back the same day.  The SDA will provide you with a free lunch.  No alcohol permitted.  We want sensible people who will protest legally for our right to fish.  I know many of you will have excuses and I am sure that some are legit.  However if this is in your blood you will find a way to get out and support.
Frank

frank Kwak

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2004, 11:23:39 AM »

We did manage to get about 5 people of this web site that will be joining us in Kelowna.
Thanks
It's not to late yet.
If you should happen to be in the area or were thinking of driving up yourself the Cabinet Meeting is at the Grand Okanagan Hotel/Resort.
1310 Water Street Kelowna
We are meeting in the parking lot of the Municipal Arena right across the street.
Time is 12:30
Thanks again
Frank

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2004, 11:26:01 AM »

Thanks for the notice Frank. How many people in total are planning to be there? Is Bill going to be making a speech? Will the media be there? What time do you expect the protest to end? Thanks.

frank Kwak

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2004, 11:48:08 AM »

We do not know how many people will actually show up but it looks like small numbers but hope more will sign in yet
We will have representation from the guides,FVSS,SDA,BCFDF,BCWF,SFAB/SFAC and some other clubs from the Kelowna Okenogan area.
Bill will be making a speach and will present our beefs to the Minister or one of his elected reps.
By the way the fishery closure announced yesterday needs to go to the Regional reps (SFAC) for conultation and that was not done at least not with me and I am on that conference call Bill also did not know anything about it so it came as somewhat of a surprise.  We will be talking to the department about that as well.
Yes the media will be present so hope to make the evening news.
Protest itself should last no more than an hour.
The vans that we have rented should be back in Chilliwack by 7P.M. at the latest
Frank

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2004, 09:46:34 PM »

Thanks Frank.

Also, my advice is to broadcast this information on the other discussion forums to maximize your attendance. Here are the ones you may want to post:

Fish BC Forum - A lot of members live in the Okanagan Region.
BC Fishing Reports
Sport Fishing BC