Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Incredible video!  (Read 6045 times)

mzmann

Re: Incredible video!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »

as well they would create just as many jobs if not more and longer term jobs by just building the refineries....they still make $ off it but just not as much...so whats more important....padding their pockets even more than they already ridiculously are or protecting these sensitive habitats? also it would create just the same amount of jobs if they worked out a pipeline route with the least chance of future environmental impact and not routing it through such a sensitive (and treacherous coastal) area!......bottom line is that they are just trying to take the cheapest way out in order to fatten their wallets that much more. imho

One of the key risks has nothing to do with "running along the coast" as it is indeed destined to china and such where it can be refined on the cheap....the big risk is the narrow/shallow/rocky waterways that these tankers have to navigate through just to get to open water. if you watched the entire video this is clearly explained.
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »

as well they would create just as many jobs if not more and longer term jobs by just building the refineries....they still make $ off it but just not as much...so whats more important....padding their pockets even more than they already ridiculously are or protecting these sensitive habitats? also it would create just the same amount of jobs if they worked out a pipeline route with the least chance of future environmental impact and not routing it through such a sensitive (and treacherous coastal) area!......bottom line is that they are just trying to take the cheapest way out in order to fatten their wallets that much more. imho

One of the key risks has nothing to do with "running along the coast" as it is indeed destined to china and such where it can be refined on the cheap....the big risk is the narrow/shallow/rocky waterways that these tankers have to navigate through just to get to open water. if you watched the entire video this is clearly explained.

From what I understand the oil companies are not planning to build any more refineries in Canada while there is refining capacity in the US. Are you suggesting there is a less environmentally sensitive route to build a coastal pipeline?

I'm not disagreeing with you as to the risks, however I don't see any other financially viable options. As far as the concept of "padding pockets", this is the reason corporations exist. As a shareholder or pension plan participant that's what we invest in.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »

maybe people need to look at what there investing in. i personally would not invest in anything that i don't believe in. that's whats wrong with some people these days. anything for a buck. doesn't matter who it effects. don't let yourself be fooled, they are already making massive amounts of $ every quarter.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 09:27:28 PM »

interesting article in the sun today. just to show you how much money there making or have, this project estimated cost is 5.5 billion.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/premier+take+stand+Northern+Gateway+pipeline/5858325/story.html