Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 7.5 Foot Inflatable  (Read 574 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
7.5 Foot Inflatable
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »

Was a tender on a Yacht in Kelowna.  I bought it from the original owner a couple of years ago in Kelowna and used it flyfishing twice since then.  I love it, I just don't use it as I 99% of time I use my 14' aluminum boat.  I loved using this boat opposed to a belly boat or pontoon.  Much more versatile and easier to use, for me.

It is the high pressure airdeck type and folds into a carry bag.  Comes with original carrying bag, original patch kit (never used), proper pump and one paddle (other paddle wasn't included when I bought the boat).

Maxxon CS-230,  7'6" x 4'3", 3 person capacity, 5hp maximum.

The boat does not leak air, nor water.  Never been patched, never been beached.  Does have the name of it's mothership written on the tubes.

Pics to come today or tomorrow.  Price new is $799 USD, I will sell for $500 OBO.  Located in Langley.

"1000 denier fabric with PVC coating on each side and rated at 77-lb tear strength. The seams are sealed with a three-layer cold gluing process. The inner baffles keep the air bladders completely sealed, and have a flexible design that works to equalize air pressure between cone parts. The inflatable V-keel provides superior directional control, quick responsive handling, and maneuverability. Easy to clean and stow, these rugged boats should last for 10 years or more.

Other features of Maxxon inflatable boats include a reinforced motor mount, aluminum transom pad, double solid rubber strakes, durable SS D-rings, FRP handles, FRP oar locks, and secure lifelines. Also included in the kit are a boat bag, set of aluminum oars, high PSI foot pump, bench seat, repair kit, and manual.

Maxxon has been around for a long time but you may not have read many reviews or heard much about the company since they are more prominent in their home state of Washington. Nevertheless, the Maxxon CS Series is sold for use all over the world, and the inflatable sport boats are U.S. Coast Guard, Canadian Coast Guard, and European Coast Guard Certified."

http://www.ballardinflatables.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=21&ParentCat=6

Please do take a  look at some of those cheaply made PVC boats that are all over craigslist, then compare that this one.   

Maxxon is the same as Titan, different labels.  Both regarded as amongst the best PVC on the market.

"MAXXON inflatable Sport boats are fast becoming the marketplace leader for the best quality boat at the most affordable price. These boats are excellent for lake fishing, weekend runabouts, or as a stable yacht tender. "

I just put it in the Fraser yesterday with my 5hp 2stroke Merc on it, just to make sure it was still perfect and safe.  All good to go to it's new owner.

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: 7.5 Foot Inflatable
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:05:05 PM »

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: 7.5 Foot Inflatable
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »

sold