Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelheader.  (Read 4003 times)

c-pin

Re: Steelheader.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 06:14:22 PM »

Hi Cohokid,

I have sent you an E-Mail and a PM to call me about the reel. You have not got back to me, so I will try to help you out in the Public Forum.

I sold you a brand new reel that had never been used. The reel spins forever when you spin it. I would have checked the reel when I first purchased it for anything out of the ordinary - I found nothing. I would not have sold you a reel that was faulty or broken. It's not in my nature - never has been and never will be.

The reel should be sent to Islander for repair. It is a piece of precision machinery, and other than cleaning it after a day on the river, any repairs or troubleshooting should be done by the factory. It should be covered by warranty (hopefully).

Feel free to call me if I can help out.

Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 06:35:40 PM »

Hi, Sorry john i havent gotten back to you i found my self sleeping today. I will give you A call later on in the evening. I just dont get it, it was a beuty, and first, and second time spinning beutifully. I dont know what happened the 3rd time

c-pin

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »

It was working OK the first and second time you used it? It means we can be able to fix the problem for you.

Did you drop it? Lay it in the gravel? Lay it in the sand? You may have a tiny spec of sand or dirt somewhere. I have a Hardy Silex that used to "tic ....tic ....tic ..." every time I spun it. It turned out there was a 1" piece of monofilament I did not see on the inside edge of the cage. It was right against the drum. I cleaned it out, and then "presto" no problem.

Did you take it apart, and check things out? I found that the reels do not need any "tweaking" at all; just a clean from time to time.

After a cleaning, I will clean the spindle and inside drum with solvent (the kind you clean firearms with) on a Q-Tip. I would then let it dry for a couple of hours, then lightly oil the spindle and put the reel together.

Again, if there is a problem, send it to Islander. You have my number if you need to call.

Cheers, John

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »

C-pin, I never droped in once. And it never when near the sand, or rocks, and if it did, I made sure that I put the case on it. I called you at around 7 30 at got your voice mail.

c-pin

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »

I'll call you tomorrow ...... I'm on a Course right now. Tomorrow is the last day ...... major exam. I'm studying tonight.